Sunday, August 31, 2008

Razorbacks Are Back ........

The day Hubs has been waiting for: opening season for the Razorbacks!! We went over to visit with Kelly and Scott (and Dawson, the granddog, all curled up on the end of the couch). We actually went to a baby store after lunch to look around and see what's out there in the way of Baby's necessities. The baby store was real proud of the bumper pads sets......some were over $600! They cost more than the crib itself! I was shocked!
I made a "profile" shot of Kelly and Scott. I told Kelly she needed to turn all the way around so you could see her"baby bump" because I think the other pictures she has posted don't really show up! She is definitely "showing"!
I love the Big Screen at the Razorback stadium. The signs tell you how you should yell......obviously LOUDER!!!!!
Hubs said, and I quote, " We did our best to lose the game." But after the last whistle blew, we beat W. Illinois (where is that?) and now our season is off to a good start. However, I bet there is a new coach who will be drilling some boys this week on hanging on to that ball!
As much as I love to watch the band I am always in a state of confusion at figuring out just what formation they are trying to do on the field. I can't, for the life of me, see what this is, can you?
Maybe I need a course in interpretive band formations!!

As we walked back to the car after the game (pant, pant...) we went by a huge building that was all lit up so you could see inside. This is their INDOOR practice field. The exact replica of the outdoor field so I guess they can practice without getting too hot or too cold!
I have seen the day when I would have love to had this HUGE space at school for rainy days when kids NEEDED to go out and run off some pent-up energy! Of course, our public schools don't have the millions of dollars being given as the football programs do. The most important things must come first, right??

13 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Looks like you had a fun day! I can't figure out the band formation either...maybe we both need a class!!! (:

Melissa Stover said...

she looks great. my husband wanted to be at the game but he had to work. we listened on the radio and sure thought they were going to lose it for a while. when the announcers were talking about the new look of the field and the new uniforms he was all, aw i should have gone!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

LOL I know, my husband is SO excited for football... he's a USC fan though... please don't hate me by association! :)

I tagged you on my blog! Click here

Jacquie said...

I would never be able to figure out the formations either... you may HAVE TO SEE to be able to tell (just guessing).

Love the pic of Kelly and Scott - is he having "phantom" cravings?

Laurie said...

Kelly really is showing now. I LOVE that baby store and I go there a lot to just look. They are REAL PROUD of their stuff.

The Garners said...

Kelly looks so cute! Glad y'all had a fun day together. Lane went to the game with his college roommate--he's excited about the season, too, of course!

Megan said...

Yaay for those Hogs! Kelly looks so pretty! Glad you got to spend some time with them.

Meredith said...

Glad ya'll had such fun at the game! I know that it will be even more fun with Harper next year at the games!!!

Becky said...

What a fun weekend! I'm so glad the hogs pulled it off. Wasn't pretty, but hey, it's a win! Right? And I have no clue what the formation is either.

Kelly looks adorable. She is going to be the bestest little mommy in the word!

Hope you guys have a wonderful week ahead.

April said...

What I would've given to have been at the game!!! No Georgia Bulldogs for me! You're going to have such fun when that sweet grandbaby arrives! I can't wait to see it all unfold!

Shannon said...

I love this time of year!

I do not think it is too early for your fall things. I bet your company would love to see it out. :) I know I would at least!

Julie said...

What a fun memory to be at the game and spend some time with Kelly, Scott, and Harper!!! I loved the picture of Kelly!!! Thanks for the side shot!!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the comment! I took my three hour glucose test today- not fun at all! : (

Your Hog pictures look great!