Thursday, September 4, 2008

Awana Opening Night in the Rain


We have rain for the last three days. Last night was the opening night for our church's Awana program for children two years old through sixth grade. I figured we would not start off with too many children since it has been really nasty outside all day and the rain was falling with a fevor all day. Oh me of little faith!

We had 80 kids and 45 adult workers!! We were very excited and so thankful to the Lord for all those who came. It is just the beginning because we always have more who come once you get started.

This year I am serving in the Cubbies class! These are children who are 3 and 4 years old. I do the story time. They were so good last night and listen so well.......better than some older children I have taught! I love being with them and look forward to seeing them learn scripture that they will keep with them their entire life.

Are not these the sweetest little sisters? The beauty in children's faces bring joy to my heart!

I feel blessed that I get to be a small part of their lives by helping with Awanas.......even during a"monsoon" evening!


9 comments:

Becky said...

Don't you just love those little kiddos. They are so precious!! Girl, I am so ready for this rain to go away. If it doesn't stop soon I'm afraid our little fishies are going to float out of the pond!

Serah said...

Our Awanas started last night, too. My little boy is a Cubbie this year. He wasn't too excited about having to move upstairs, but he'll adjust! He loved being a Puggle!

I found your blog through Kelly's. Congrats on becoming a grandmother!

Megan L Hutchings said...

When it rains it pours...children that is ;)! Oh, I would just love the story time!!!!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Looks like they all had fun. I'm sure being cooped up inside the past few days from all the rain did wonders for their energy level!!!

April said...

When my girls were younger, I volunteered at our church each week with the Circle of Friends program. I loved being with all the children and helping them develop a heart for God. It really was one of the highlights of my entire week.

The Garners said...

Oh how fun! I'm glad you had SUCH a great crowd! Cute, cute kids!

MiMi said...

Awwww how precious! Those children are so cute! My children were all in Awana when they were younger and it is a wonderful program. That is so exciting that you had that kind of turn out in spite of the bad weather.
I bet you're an amazing Cubbie leader!

Jacquie said...

There's all our cute kids!!! You got some good pictures. I'm really looking forward to having you in Cubbies with us this year. It'll be so much fun!

Rebekah said...

I love AWANAS! Did it my whoel childhood. Keep on pouring into those kids! You never know who you are impacting!