Friday, September 5, 2008

A Perfect Day

Today, after the rains finally stopped for the past three days, was a near perfect day! The sun came out and it was cool and beautiful! Fall is in the air!

Because fall is in the air and we were hosting one of the couple's Bible study fellowships in our home tonight, I got busy and put out alot of my fall decorations! I love the colors of fall and think it's one of the best times of the year.
We ate outside tonight on the deck. The temperature was in the 60's and the moon was shining brightly through the trees. It was a perfect evening! I had candles on each table which I love to have burning while people eat.




The cheesecake was delicious! I made toffee crackers. So easy to make but rich! Paula Deen would have been proud! Have you made them before?




This is my sweet friend, Laura, who is due in November with her second child, a girl named Lia.
She and her husband, Chris, are missionaries who have been in Turkey for several years and will be leaving soon for another country. I don't think I am suppose to say where because of safety issues. We will miss them!

I think everyone had a great time! The food was yummy and the fellowship great!
Tomorrow we head to Little Rock to see the Razorbacks. Go Hogs Go!!


10 comments:

Kathy said...

I love all your pretty fall decorations. Were the acorns in the candle holder real? You might have inspired me to update my house. I still have summer americana up. It looked like a great party!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Your home looks so warm and inviting and ready for the fall season...I wish I could eat on your back porch with that cool weather!!! And both of those desserts look amazing...will you share the recipes?

Candy said...

Your home is just beautiful and so welcoming! I love all of your fall decorations! I LOVE your back porch, so nice! :)

The Garners said...

Everything looked perfect!!! I love this time of year. Lane & I have tickets to the LR game--no idea where our seats are? Maybe we'll run into you!

MiMi said...

I love all of your Fall decorations! It looks like a wonderful time was had by everyone, and those desserts.......YUMMO!

April said...

You have such good taste, Judy. Why don't you come to my home and throw some of your pizazz around? Oh, if it were only that easy! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Julie said...

I love the centerpiece on your table (the first picture). That is so neat!! I'm wide awake at 2:30 am and thinking I've got to crawl up in the attick and get my decorations down now! The fellowshp looks amazing and how nice that you had so many tables and seating out on your deck.

Jacquie said...

Looks like the "B&B" was filled for the evening! I love your decorations, but then again... I've always wished you would come do a free home-makeover for me!! ha!

Meredith said...

I LOVE your decorations! How fun! Glad you had fun with friends at your Bible Study night!

Jessica said...

Great decor!!