Sunday, September 14, 2008

Missionaries Commissioned

Because we believe in our Lord's last command to believers, Matthew 28:19, our church supports missionaries who are willing to take the gospel to "all nations". Tonight our church commissioned 13 people who are leaving the end of this week for a trip to Nicaragua to teach, help in medical clinics, pray for and with the people, show them the love of Jesus and lead them to have a loving relationship with Him.

I am so thankful to be a part of this group! This will be my second trip and I can hardly wait to get back there. My first trip was a life-changer to put it mildly! I am so thankful I had the priviledge of going once and can't believe I get to go again!

This sweet couple with their little son and a soon-to-be-born daughter were a part of our service tonight also. They are missionaries leaving for the foreign field this week also.....but they live on the foreign field. They are two of the sweetest people! I love their enthusiasm for people and doing the Lord's work wherever He leads them. Not to mention they are such a fun couple to be around! Love them so much!

We had a huge storm here last night and Hubby had to actually saw a tree in half and move it out of our road so we could get to church this morning. And some people say they can't make it to church because it has rained!! No excuse!!!

Lots of towns surrounding ours (and some homes in our town) lost electrical power last night and didn't have any today. Some churches had to cancel church because of no power. We were blessed because we got to have church today and what a blessing we've had all day!

Tonight as we drove home from church it was very cool outside and I checked the temperature when we got home and it said "63 degrees"!! Maybe fall is coming!


10 comments:

Jennifer said...

The trip sounds like an awesome opportunity! You and your group will be in my prayers.

I cannot imagine having to remove a tree from the road. You are right, no excuses!!

Jacquie said...

It was a great day today! I'm so glad I didn't let our power outage keep me from church.

April said...

Just wanted to let you know that I will keep you and your fellow missionaries close in my prayers as you go on your trip. I'll pray for safe travel and that God will use you to draw the Nicaraguan people closer to Him. God Bless You for making this journey of FAITH!

The Garners said...

What a great group--I know it will be a wonderful trip. I'll be praying for you all, and for the people that you are going to minister to.

Megan L Hutchings said...

What an awesome opportunity ;)! I would love to hear about your first trip sometime!!!

Definitely no excuses...if you can make it to church with a tree in your road, anyone can :).

Kelly said...

That's neat that Stacie is going and Judy and Jeff B. and everyone that is going......ya'll will have a great time. Wish I could go - but not this year! :-)

Leigh Ann said...

I love how you said, "...got to go to church." We should all feel that way everytime we can attend to church, not that we had to go but that we get to go! I love that!

I think Fall is definitely on its way. We have had a beautiful, Fall-like day in LR today! It has been wonderful!

I hope you get to meet the little boy you sponsor in Nicaragua when you go. That would be awesome!

Heather said...

Please, come on FALL!!!
Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Oh, have a great time! I LOVE mission trips!
The other day I was talking to Hubs about how I would love to participate in some of the mission opportunities our church supports but feel I can't because right now I am needed by our son. My little sister was in the backseat (she is 8 years old)and she said in her wise beyond her years voice, "Baby D is your mission right now!" Haha!

Will you post specific ways we can pray for you and the team going to Nicaragua?

Laurie said...

That is so great that you are going on the mission trip. I want to go on one someday! The Baptist Children's Home is so very nice. WOW!