Monday, September 8, 2008

Miracle in Little Rock

Going to Little Rock to the Razorback game is like going to a mad-house! There are more tailgaters per square foot than anything else. I overheard two girls talking in a store before the game. One ask the other if they were going to the game and one said, "No, but we are going over to tailgate." I just can't imagine getting in all that traffic and crowd just to tailgate and NOT EVEN go to the game. There are all kinds of people.......and you see most of them at a Razorback game!



Our seats in Little Rock are down lower but I like our seats in Fayetteville much better because they are up higher and you can see everything. In War Memorial Stadium, there are no way-up-high seats. I am so short that I can hardly see any of the plays unless I stand up the entire game. I only got the picture above because I held the camera up way over my head!!

People are so funny at the game. Everyone is so intent on the game that I doubt they would notice if Brad and Angelina walked in with their twins but yet, they will stop and play with a plastic beach ball from the Dollar Tree while the other team scores another touchdown!

And stadium fashions are enough to keep everyone wondering. I saw girls in diamond-studded halter tops, red cowboy boots, long black knit dresses, strapless tops, you name it and it was being worn. I saw a lot of Glamour "don'ts" !


Here's another one of those "what in the world is this?" band formations!
This is the man who is true blue (or should I say "red") to the Razorbacks....win or lose. They barely pulled it out Saturday night. Alot of people left the scene when we were so far behind but then the miracle happened......we won by one point!!

Will that be the last win of the season?? Woooooo Pig Soooooeeeeee!


9 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

it may be their last win but it sure was an exciting one. we watched it on pay per view. little rock is a lot closer to us but like you, my husband prefers the games in fayetteville.

MiMi said...

I'm with you --I can't imagine going through all that traffic and crowd JUST to tailgate, but I know from experience that Razorback fans are serious about football! I remember when Georgia played Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl when I was in college and we accidentally stayed in a hotel with all the AR fans! We had to ride the bus to (and from) the game being the ONLY Georgia fans on the bus!! AR fans are definitely serious about their team! Glad ya'll pulled this one out!

The Garners said...

Wish I could have seen you at the game!

Jacquie said...

You're just like me... you do more looking around than actually watching the game.

April said...

It was a close one, wasn't it? Too close! I hope our HOGS can keep it together! Yes, you definitely see some sights at those games, don't you? That's one of my favorite things to sit there and do...people watch. Keeps me entertained for hours!

Kelly said...

I kind of miss Little Rock games. They just feel different than F'ville games.
No more late night driving home from games for ya'll. I am issuing a curfew.

Leigh Ann said...

It WAS a miracle. I was so happy they won!!!

Heather said...

I think it is probably their last win, too, unfortunately. My hubby was there with you- but I stayed home because I had a migraine and those crowds and people are bad normally....but totally impossible when your head is exploding! I do love some razorback football, though!

Rebekah said...

I sure hope that is not the last win for our hogs, but it certainly could be!?!?! I am sad I am missing all of the razorback games this year!