Sunday, September 28, 2008

Picnic in the Park





What a wonderful Sunday! We had such a great morning worship with the debut of our drama team, special music by the Hoppers plus two new additions, and testimonies of several who made the trip to Nicaragua . Then, a woman came to proclaim her faith in Jesus! It doesn't get any better than that!

This afternoon we had our annual church picnic at the nearby park at the river. It is such a beautiful setting and we had one of the largest crowds we've ever had. What a fun time: good food and plenty of it, good friends and fellowship and lots of young couples with their beautiful children!

I took tons of pictures of all the adults, but I love to make pictures of the kids the best. This is just a sample of the kids having fun. When we were getting ready to leave I was glad I didn't have a little kid full of sand to take home!! Been there , done that!!

5 comments:

The Garners said...

Very soon you'll have a little granddaughter full of sand though!!! :)

What a fun night--I always loved the picnic by the river!

Jacquie said...

We did have a great day!! You're right about the kids. I think I enjoy them the most at get-togethers.

Anonymous said...

I seriously think at times Nathan is bringing the whole sand box back home with us when we play out in the sand. Glad the picnic was fun. Miss you all. Laura M.

MiMi said...

Sounds like you had a great Lord's Day! And those kids are absolutely precious!

In His Army said...

Wow! Looking at those pictures remind me of all the church picnics in the past! They were always so much fun. Looks like things have not changed!