Thursday, November 13, 2008

Baby Needs A New Pair of Shoes?




This is my new favorite store!
I suppose I have all these pent up feelings as a soon-to-be-first-time grandmother and now I can unleash the beast and actually buy baby stuff for my own grandbaby! I have been to sooo many showers in the past 20 or so years and loved everyone of them! But, oh, the joy of buying
"our baby" beautiful little things!!
I do have to be careful because when I am at any store I find myself wandering to the baby items! And, boy, have they changed alot in 30 years!! Have you priced the cribs, strollers, bedding, and even the little clothes lately? Whew!
On her blog, Kelly has ask for help in what to pack for her trip to the hospital. And, boy, she has gotten lots of advice! I don't even remember packing a bag when I went to the hospital for my two and I stayed a week with both.(can you say "C-section"?) I guess I did take some things but most memories are of having my two babies and being so enthralled and captivated by them. You truly forget if you took flip-flops or cute PJ's or not!!
Saturday, Kelly's church is graciously giving her a baby shower and I plan to be there, Lord willing! I think I will be just about as excited as she is ! Is that OK for a grandma to get that excited?? Maybe I should have a paramedic standing by!



13 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

It makes me so happy to see you this excited! All of you waited for this baby long enough...enjoy every second of this blessing! Have fun at the baby shower!

Lindsey said...

Spoil that grandbaby! I am so excited for you and your family! I adore Pottery Barn Baby. Such cute stuff!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you get to come to the shower! This is so much more fun that wedding showers! The baby stuff is all so cute it's hard not to go crazy! Better save up a little for when Chris and Carrie have kids! :-)

Michele said...

Oh yes, it's your turn to get excited! My husband and I waited a very long time to be parents as well and I know that journey took it's toll on our parents. They stayed strong, for us, but I know the pain was there for them too and they were giddy with excitement the day our girls were born :)

Morris Family said...

You will have soo much fun spoiling little Miss Harper. She has two wonderful grandparents in you and Steve to look up too. How exciting!!! Good luck and safe traveling this weekend!

JenWebb702 said...

My Mom tells me all the time that she thinks being a Grandma is so much better. And just from reading both your site and Kelly's site, you guys are going to make wonderful Mommy and Grandma. Can't wait to read all about your experiences!!

Jennifer said...

I know you are so excited! I'm sure that Baby Harper will never be in need thanks to you! I am so excited for you! My mom said her friends have always told her how wonderful it was to be a grandmother, and she said that they were so right!!

Jenna said...

Moment of silence for the adorableness of PB. :)

Oh, that sweet Harper is so blessed to have you as her grandma!!! And I know ya'll will have so much fun this weekend at Kelly's shower! LOVE it!

And thanks for putting up the blog shower button - I think it's going to be great fun as well!

It is definitely an exciting time in the land for your family! I am so happy for all of ya'll!

Becky said...

Judy take it from you pro it's ok for you to be excited about the shower. But girl you ain't seen nothin' yet!!! LOL!! Wait until you lay eyes on that sweet Harper for the first time. There are no words to explain it!!!! My heart broke right into and you talk about love and joy either leaving my heart to fill theirs or maybe it was the joy and love from those sweet boys of mine that filled mine. Nevertheless you heard from me first. It's unexplainable!!! I still get teary eyed just thinking about it!!! Have fun at the shower.

In His Army said...

Well of course that is okay!!!!! I so wish I could make it too but I won't be there! I can't wait to hear all about it. I can't even remember what I packed. I packed way early and carrie dmy bag in the car "just in case" but now i can't remember what I had in it. I was more concerned with having my camera bag packed and a fresh video tape in!

The Garners said...

This weekend is going to be SO special for you guys!!! Please post lots and lots of pictures and share all the details! I'm so happy for your whole family! H is one blessed little girl!!! Have fun!

Jacquie said...

Yep, that Harper is one lucky little girl! You and Steve are the best parents... grandparenting is really going to bless you!

I loved Becky's comment... I'm looking forward to that, myself.

Heather said...

It's DEFINITELY okay for you to be this excited! I am so happy for your family! Hope you are having a BLAST at the shower today!