Saturday, November 15, 2008

Baby Shower....Harper may come in the world naked, but won't stay that way long......

Kelly's church had a shower for her today and I was so blessed to be there. One of the girls made these darling sugar cookies. They were soooo cute I hated to eat them.......but I did! Delicious as well as cute!

These petit fours with Harper's initials in pink and brown absolutely melted in your mouth!

These were the gracious and sweet hostesses for the shower.


Mama-to-be had to eat a little something before opening all those gifts!



She got lots of things with Harper's name on it. This little bib was made of the cutest material...cupcakes!










All things PINK and beautiful!














I made pictures of practically everyone but that would make too long a post to show. One of Kelly's dearest friends, Hillary, suprised her and drove up for the shower! Kelly has the prettiest and sweetest friends! God blessed her today with such wonderful shower. Thanks to all you girls for being such loving friends in her life!








When we got back to Kelly's house, Scott's Dad (aka Grandpa) and Scott were putting together the stroller!
I think it was a bigger job than they thought!!
I do ask you who know the Lord and pray, to please pray for my husband's family at this time. His father is very ill and we just ask the Lord for strength and comfort right now. I will be flying to Dallas on Monday to join them. Please pray for all of us. Blessings to you all.
2 Cor. 4:17-18









9 comments:

Jennifer said...

The shower looked wonderful! I know it was so special to Kelly to have you there with her! I'm praying for your father-in-law,your husband and the rest of your family. I'm also praying for a safe trip for you as well.

Kelly said...

I never did eat that food I had in my hand in that picture - I was too busy visiting! ha!
I'm so glad you were there today - I had the BEST time. It was better than I could have imagined. I'm just so anxious to get Harper here!

The Garners said...

The shower looks absolutely perfect! I'm so very happy and thankful for little Harper--everything should be ready and waiting for her now!

The Garners said...

P.S. I'll be thinking about your family as you travel to be with S's Dad on Monday--praying for comfort and strength for your whole family.

Jacquie said...

Those cookies are just precious!!! What a beautiful shower.

Kelly is gorgeous... and I think she's even more beautiful great with child!

I've got y'all in my prayers.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

It looks like a fabulous time was had by all! Kelly must have a closet full of clothes, bibs, and burp cloths with Harper's name on them!!!

Praying for your husband's family.

Jenna said...

Your title for this post cracks me up!

Such a perfect shower full of love for the Stamps fam! I love it! Looks like ya'll had a great, and I know it was probably just as exciting for YOU as is was for the sweet mama-to-be! And I could just die from all the cuteness of her gifts. Thanks for sharing all the pics!

P.S. Ya'll are in my prayers!

Leigh Ann said...

What a wonderful shower. I was so sad I couldn't make it. I would have loved to see Kelly and you! It looks like Harper is all set! It won't be long now and she'll be here. So, what is Harper going to call you and Steve?

Brooke said...

I think you are going to wear "Grandmother" very, very well! :)