Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Deck the halls ........


One of my favorite things each year is decorating the church for Christmas. I guess I've done this every year for over 20+years now.
Some years, we buy new things to add to our older decorations and then try to use them every other year . We have bought some of our best things after Christmas when H*bby L*bby puts all their things on sale.
Today we noticed a tree on the hill behind our church that had the most beautiful red berries.
So we decided to use them and some pine cones to make a natural (and cheap) arrangement for our round table in the main foyer.
I love it! It turned out to be quite simple and very lovely, don't you think?
Does your church decorate BIG TIME or very simply?

7 comments:

Jacquie said...

Y'all always do such a good job with the decorations! I always look forward to the seasonal changes.

Laurie said...

Beautiful! I LOVE LOVE that!

The Garners said...

Oh that turned out great!

Jennifer said...

That is so pretty! Our church goes all out for Christmas. We actually took our Christmas card picture in front of the Christmas trees at church last year!!

Jenna said...

Oh I just love it!!!

Brooke said...

That looks lovely! Very fresh and natural. Our church announced on Sunday that they are not decorating this year. They are giving extra money to benevolence instead. I do love that idea, but part of me feels sad that the sanctuary won't look festive. Maybe we can scout out a bush with red berries and find some pinecones!! :)

Becky said...

It looks beautiful!! It's the Judy touch! HA! Our church is pretty simple. We always have have the poinsettia trees. The members order a poinsettia in "honor" or "memory" of someone. Then we use a frame to make the trees. It's really beautiful!!