Thursday, December 4, 2008

Picture Christmas Cards


Leigh Ann over at Horton's Happenings posted about some of their past picture Christmas cards. She is the sweetest young mother with two beautiful children and I loved seeing all her cards.
I love how all the young families today take the time (and many pains) to take family pictures to send out as Christmas cards. My daughter, Kelly, always shows me all the ones she gets from their many friends. If they don't have children, they usually have their dogs in the picture!
Years ago, when my children were little, I started out doing picture Christmas cards too. I dug a few of them out just to reminisce of how hard it was to pick out a picture. Remember, in those days you had to take a bunch of pictures, send them off to be developed and you never knew what you were going to get! Thank goodness for digital!! You don't know how blessed you are!

The first card was made in Texas in 1976. The second card was in Texas also the next year.
The third card was made when we lived in New Orleans in 1978.
So be sure to make and send those cards, if you can, because they will bring you a lot of joy to look back and remember how very sweet those little kids were!

10 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

What a neat post! This is our first year sending out Christmas cards...I was so excited when I put them in the mail! And I always love getting Christmas cards from our friends and family...especially the ones with pictures. (:

Becky said...

I love the cards with pictures. They are everlasting memories!

Your first one is my favorite. Kelly looks so cute in her little white coat. And Chris, bless his heart, looks like the litte boy on The Christmas Story.

Remember when strollers where small like the one Chris is in. Well, you probably already know by now, they are a big as a CAR!!! And if you and Steve ever take Harper anywhere by yourselves with the stroller, you better get instructions from Kelly and Scott on how to fold and unfold it. I'll never forget summer before last. Alvin and I took Reid and Cade to the zoo (with a double stroller no less). Well let me tell we unfolded it fine, but folding it back up was a nightmare. Finally, some sweet your lady comes over and asks if she could help. I think we must have really had a panic stricken look on our face wondering which one of us was going to have to push it back home!! HA!!!!

Jenna said...

Those are SO precious!!! The first one is my favorite - too cute!

Kelly said...

I didn't know they even had picture cards WAY BACK THEN!!! ha!
I love how Chris and I are holding hands in all the pictures. ha! That must have taken some work on your part! :-)
I LOVE Christmas picture cards - it really is my favorite thing about Christmas and then I save them all in an album each year so I can look back at my friends and their kids (and dogs!)

The Garners said...

These are so cute and sweet--I love them, especially the first one where they're so bundled up! Rhett got a fresh haircut today, so tomorrow morning is going to be our card photo attempt...we'll see!? I have a back-up if things don't go well, but I'm going to try to get one in Christmas attire! I think it's going to be COLD--their cheeks should be nice and rosey! :)

Melissa Stover said...

aren't those great! it's so wonderful that you held on to them.

Jacquie said...

Those are just the most precious Christmas cards ever!!! Does it seem like you took them just yesterday? It's still so hard to believe that little Kelly is having a baby!! And Chris, who put that fake hand in my desk drawer - and hot sauce on the edge of my V8 juice can, is married!!! I'm old!!

Julie said...

It was so neat to see these Christmas cards. I'm like Kelly. I didn't realize Christmas cards existed then. I thought they were created in the 90s. I guess I've blocked out half my life.

I LOVE that centerpiece in your church! Beautiful and I love that it is natural!

MiMi said...

Where in the world does the time go? It seems like just yesterday that we had babies, doesn't it?

What precious memories. Thanks for sharing.

Leigh Ann said...

I LOVED seeing this picture cards! They are SOOOO cute! It is a lot of hard work (or maybe that's just my house...ha!), but they are SO worth it later.