Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bye Bye Cubbies



We are getting down to the last sessions of Awanas  at our church.  We begin when school begins and end at the end of school.  


This year I have been so blessed to work with the Cubbies!  They are usually four and five years old.  I have had the pleasure to be the "storyteller" for our group this year.  

Let me tell you, four and five year olds are smart, sweet, at times very squirmy, and I love them all very much!

They memorize scripture week by week and it's amazing how quickly they learn.  It has been one of my happiest times when the middle of the week comes and I get to be an active participant in growing little hearts to love Jesus!  I count myself blessed!

Isaiah 54:13 says " And all your children will be taught of the Lord; and the well-being of your children will be great."

Psalm 71:17  says, "O God, Thou has taught me from my youth; and I still declare Thy wondrous deeds."

12 comments:

Becky said...

I just LUV those little stinkers at that age. And squirmy they are!

beckylbranch said...

Awe what cute kiddies! I have volunteered at Awana before and it's always a lot of fun :)

Jenna said...

SO CUTE!!!

Kelley said...

I love that age group. You never know what they are going to say. We do not have Awana at our church, but this fall I am going to enroll Mary-Kate in Awana at another church. She will be 3. Is there a class for that age?

Lauren said...

How fun and so awesome that you get to be a part of their journey in learning about Jesus :)

Jacquie said...

I'm always ready for a little Awana break, but then I miss those kids like crazy!!!

I got tickled last night when (I don't think you were in there) Carter said to the other kids... "in 5 years, I'm going to be 10!"

Kelley said...

Puggles is the cutest thing I have ever heard. I definitely want her to be one of those.

Buttercup said...

They are adorable!

MiMi said...

This brings back lots of great memories when my 3 kids were in Cubbies. My how time flies!

This is such a precious age and I know that you must have been such an awesome storyteller for them. I know you did an amazing job of growing their little hearts to love Jesus!

And I love that verse you shared!

Have a blessed weekend, my friend!

Leigh Ann said...

Soooo sweet. I know you are blessed by those children and I also know they are blessed by you!

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...hi..found your blog and no i didn't find it through your daughters! lol. actually, i'm not sure how i did, but i love it. what sweet pictures and how neat that you are helping to clear a path to His lap. blessings, mickey

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog about my living room. So, you are Harper's grandma! What a little cutie she is. I just wanted to tell you that I was browsing your blog and I just love it. One of my favorite songs is "Better is One Day"...love that on your title. Nice "meeting" you.
Heather McCarron