Monday, May 25, 2009

Another "FIRST"

Even at our age, there are still many "firsts".  When we were making plans to build our home many years ago, we were dreaming of having our children and THEIR children come to our house and enjoying them as much as possible.


Well, that dream came true for us Saturday when our first grandchild (and hopefully the first of many to come....) got to make her first visit to our home!  It was a "WELCOME HARPER" sign-worthy day to us!!
And Harper did not disappoint!!  She was a happy baby most all the day...to our great delight!
Granddad got her new highchair out and put it together for her.  "Connect A to part B"........we remember those days well!
I believe she likes sitting up in the high chair so she can see the sights!
Then came snack time and a little nap on the boppy!!
My sister, Linda and her husband, Bob, came out for a long-awaited meeting!   Linda and I know that if our Mom and Dad were still alive they would be so taken with their great-grandchild!  
Harper gets a "piggy-back" ride on Mama's shoulders.
She loved sitting at the dinner table.  Her eyes just get big when she sees food on the plate.  We all agreed that when she starts eating "real" food some day in the future, she will be a "good eater".........just like her Mama and Daddy!!
Sunday morning while her mama was in the shower I could hear her upstairs just a cooing and "talking".  I went up to check on her and this is what I saw!  Kelly says she is always so happy in the mornings when she wakes up!
After church we metLuke, one of the newer babies in our church.  Harper couldn't take her eyes off of him and reached down and grabbed his hand.  We got so tickled at them.  Luke's Dad was about 5 years old when we came to our church so we are delighted to see a second generation.  
Do you think she has her Granddad's full attention?
OR her Nonny's???   I am so blessed!!  Come back soon for another visit Harper!  The greeting sign is always out for you!! (You, too, Scott and Kelly!) (And Dawson!)

21 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I think it's so cute that you made a welcome sign for Harper! Her first visit to Nonny and Granddad's house looks like it was a success!!!

Jennifer said...

You are just the sweetest Nonny I think I know! I just love seeing all the pictures from your weekend. It looks like it was wonderful!

Todd and Courtney said...

I love all of these new pictures! Harper has such a great Nonny!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I KNOW how special this visit was!! She is precious! From one Nonny to another!

Melissa Stover said...

so cute! what a fun visit.

Becky said...

Have your feet touched the floor yet.....after your weekend visit with "little Miss Cutiepatootie"!!!??? I bet you're still walking on the clouds! LOL!!!

Luv the picture of you and Harper! Too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Judy, there was a photo of Kelly's site that I just LOVED. It was of you looking at Harper and she was looking at you and it is priceless. Glad your visit was fun. Love, Laura M.

Jenna said...

Oh this was just the BEST post!!! Love and cuteness is just dripping from my computer screen and it just makes my little heart so happy. :-) Yay for a visit to see Nonny and Grandad - and so many more to come!

MiMi said...

What a special visit from such a special little girl! I love all of the pictures! Especially the one when she first woke up in the morning, the one in the high chair and, of course, the one with her sweet Nonny!

Glad that you had such a great visit!

Erin said...

Love all of these pics!

Girl with the Curlz said...

Love all the pictures. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Harper is so cute. She is really smiling a lot now.

Linda

Kelley said...

What a darling post! I know you were thrilled to have them all visit. What a cutie pie she is!

Betsy said...

That looks like such a wonderful weekend! I can't wait to be a grandma and get to have all my grandbabies come to my house. I know I will love it just like you do! :)

The Garners said...

What a sweet idea to make the welcome sign!! :) I wish we'd been home this weekend, too--I was jealous when Mom told me she got to see Harper at church! :)

The Garners said...

P.S. I love the picture of Bro. Steve assembling the high chair--it made me tear up for some reason! Y'all have waited so long to welcome that sweet girl into your home! She's so loved! I know y'all were just thrilled to have them there for the weekend!

valerie said...

I love the "Welcome Harper" sign.
You have a lovely home, Judy.
I've enjoyed viewing the different room and decor.

Looks like you all had a great weekend with your family. Harper was all smiles! She is adorable and I know you are so proud.

Ann's Page said...

Hi,
I just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my page..It means alot to me, I read your's and Kellys page daily.Harper is sooo cute..I love the way you and Kelly love God. It tuches my heart to read your blogs. We are currently at Andrews AFB,in Maryland so I had to leave my parents yet again. We had been close to home for 3 years,my husband was injured in Iraq so they retired him medically for awhile but now we are back on active duty. Tell Kelly hi..
Blessing's Ann

Gram said...

What a wonderful smile! I know how much you must of enjoyed her visit. I treasure every moment I am with my grandson.

On the Eastern Journey said...

I loved your "Welcome Harper" sign. What a fun visit!

Leigh Ann said...

I love that you made her a sign! She is such a lucky girl to have such a loving family. She is just SO beautiful! I get to see her on Friday...FINALLY! I can't wait!

The Whites said...

you have a beautiful granddaughter and a wonderful blog! I have enjoyed looking around your site!!