Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Dining Room

It's getting to close to Friday and since I have a full day of activity to do tomorrow I am going to jump the gun and post tonight for Kelly's "Show Us Where You Live Fridays".  We are doing dining rooms this time and this is another room that stays pretty clean in my house......so I can take some pictures of it without having to fret!!!   Note to Kelly: Please don't ask to show closets.....I will only go so far!!


I like my dining room table and chairs.  We have had them many years.  They were handmade for us by some people in a little workshop by the side of the road on the winding road between here and Little Rock.  They are no longer in business that I know of but I was sure happy that we found them when we did! I can seat eight very comfortable and ten if needed. (You must love the one next to you very much)

This is looking in to the dining room to your left as you enter from the front door.  I do like my light fixture very much too.  I looked and looked all over for a light fixture I could REALLY like and live with.  I finally found one in a shop in Missouri.
This is just a little side table that I usually change up decorations with as the seasons change. My Mother-in-law gave me the clock and it is one of very favorite things!
As you can probably see, I love blue and white.  I love b/w toile and so I used it on the pillows in the corner of my room.  The two little bird prints are one of my favorite items from OOPS!
Most of my blue/white dishes are mismatched at best.  I usually just see a plate or cup that I like and mix it up when I serve on them.  I use to collect teapots (but now I just look at them and pass them up) so I have many blue/white teapots that I love also.  I use to buy a teapot most everywhere I traveled to remind me of the trip.  I tape a little note under each telling the place and the date of the trip.  I also love large glass jars that I store on top of my breakfront.

This is probably my very favorite piece of furniture.  I can't begin to tell you how heavy it is but if a tornado comes, it ain't going anywhere!!  I will probably haul this to the nursing home with me because they never have enough storage space!!
Forgive the inside....I really need to refold and get rid of some pieces.  But this is where I keep all my tablecloths, placemats, napkins, table runners, etc.  You get the picture!  Some of my things were given as a wedding present.......those are the ones I need to get rid of......they are getting to be antiques soon!!

Thanks for visiting my dining room.  I love to have company and use the room often.  In fact, I will be using it this Saturday night when my BABY HARPER, her mom and dad, my sister and her husband all come to dinner!!   Now, where is my recipe book????

27 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

that armoire is gorgeous

Heather said...

I love your table and your plates, so pretty!! I also like your side table with the pretty decorations!!

Todd and Courtney said...

I love your dining room. It looks so cozy! I love the idea of you collecting teapots from places you have visited. I need to start collecting things from our travels too! :)

TriciaNae said...

I love all the mismatched dishes and the light fixture!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool stuff, I saw this site with some useful info on antique dining chairs. I hope it helps you.

Caroline said...

I think you could tie in some pears here. I have pears in almost every room, but I have green in almost every room.
I love your blue plates, the whole room looks great.
Caroline

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Judy, that is a pretty diningroom. Your wall color looks so much like Believeable Buff in my den. That huge armoire is a great piece and I love the rug too. Have fun entertaining this weekend.

Dina said...

I love all your blue and white dishes. It makes it more fun that they are mismatched. I would also love to raid your armoire of "antique" linens!

Melissa said...

Beautiful dining room! I too love the armoire, blue/white dishes, and light fixture.

Tara G. said...

I am partial to blue and white dishes, too! Enjoy that grandbaby! We're hoping to fly my mom out to CA so she can see our 3 for a few weeks.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

What a beautiful room! I love all of your personal touches and that table is just gorgeous!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

We've Got Scents said...

Your home is absolutely gorgeous. Many thanks for sharing.
Enjoy all of your family this weekend!
Blessings today and always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Kelley said...

Love the armoire....great storage and pretty to look at. Thanks for sharing !

Kelley said...

I love your dining room! I love the colors of your dishes. I love the storage you have with the armoire.

Kelley said...

I love your dining room! I love the colors of your dishes. I love the storage you have with the armoire.

Donna said...

Judy, your dining room is like "coming home." You just know you will have a good meal and laughter and good stories. Love the blue and white dishes. The armoir is gorgeous. If you are really going to get rid of antique linens, let me know. I would love to have them. Have a good time with doll baby Harper this week end.
Donna in Ga.
seahorse681@bellsouth.net

Jacquie said...

I love your house. And I love looking at all your goodies. And I'm so excited about holding your best little "goodie" this weekend!!!

Because of Love said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment!

I love your dining room. It makes me want to come over for a nice diner. It kinda reminds me of my parents house because they have the same chairs.

The armoire is beautiful! And the dishes are great.

sportzmom said...

Beautiful room. I see where Kelly gets her taste!

feminim room said...

That color of woods, very cozy for eye

Courtney said...

Beautiful dining room! The blue and white dishes are great!

Erin said...

I love it! You have a country feel to it but with class, just what I am trying to achieve. Just beautiful. \

Pam Bowers said...

How cozy. I wanna see inside your closets!!!! lol

Sandy said...

I love everything about this room!

Sandy

Girl with the Curlz said...

I love your dining room! The table, armoire, side table all so pretty. My husband and I also had a table for 8 made right after we got married. It was made by the Amish and took 3 months but we will cherish it forever. We hope our grandchildren will be able to sit at it someday as well. Happy Memorial Day to you and your family.

Linda

KIMBERLY said...

LOVE your armoire! and that harper is a doll baby! thanks for sharing!

Brooke said...

Oh I dearly love those blue and white dishes. I have a plate rack in my den with blue and white plates on it, and it is one of my very favorite things. Blue and white dishes.....I could eat off them, hang them on my walls, fill all my cabinets with them, and still never grow tired of them.

My great aunt had a tiny kitchen full of Delph. She was an amazing woman and a great cook, and blue and white dishes always remind me of her little kitchen. I wonder if that is why I like them so much?

Your dining room looks like a sweet and cozy place to enjoy fellowship with family and friends. :)