Friday, July 24, 2009

Siloam, Siloam

We got home this afternoon from being at church camp with some of the youth of our church. I have been going to Siloam for camp for 20-plus years and this year was one of the best yet!


First of all, the weather was beautiful even though it rained most of Monday morning. Everyday it got better: cool sunny days and cool nights! Who could ask for more!


I got so tickled at the girls! They make themselves at home and do the "girly" thing: add pictures to the wall to give their little space a homey touch!
This is the little snack window! I told them looks like they set up a little grocery store! So funny!
Now this is just a sample of what the room looks like on a daily basis! Stuff everywhere! And I wouldn't even dare take a picture of the bathroom! I HAVE my limits!
This is a partial picture of the hair appliances. I don't know how they tell what's what but they all get their hair straightened daily!!


The kids learned a new trick with a pole (or broom) that involved being double-jointed!
They all had to try it!
Some actually slept!!!


Bible study, worship, music,recreation and just hanging out with friends is the order of the day!

There were about 830 campers at camp this week. Next week is Children's week and we are taking our children who are sixth grade and under. We are praying for a great week for them!
We were blessed by having Kelly and Harper come over one afternoon to visit. Kelly wanted to show Harper where she will be attending camp one day soon! Hope Papa and Nonny will still be able to be counselors then! Maybe they can just wheel us in!!
I took this picture last summer of Kelly and her Dad in this exact spot. She was pregnant then and look what a difference a year can make! We are still amazed and are so thankful for what the Lord has done. He has certainly been faithful!

These are two sweet sisters! They made camp such a fun place to be! God blessed us this week with three saved and MANY more decisions made to serve the Lord in our every day lives.

It has been a great week!

To those who have gone to camp at Siloam....remember "Next to my home, I love you Siloam"!!

16 comments:

The Garners said...

This made me miss Siloam! The hair appliances photo cracked me up! :) I'm glad y'all had a wonderful week!

Todd and Courtney said...

Camp looks like so much fun! I went to Young Life camp growing up and then worked at them all over the US and Canada for 6 summers....what good times. How wonderful you get to go & be a counselor...I'm sure you're a great one!

Nelson's Mama said...

My dad taught me to "walk through a broom" like that when I was a kid...I'm 47 and I can still do it today, but I've never see anyone outside of Kentucky ever do it before!!!

Jenna said...

Too fun!! There is no telling on this side of Heaven how much impact ya'll are having on those darling, straight-haired girls and all those sweet guys. I loved seeing all the pics! Thanks for sharing, sweet Judy. I just love you!

Heather said...

I have always loved church camp...both as a camper and a counselor! So glad you had a great week!

Kelley said...

That sounded wonderful! My nephew Collin was there. I can't wait to hear about his time there. Thanks for making it so special for them.

on the eastern journey said...

I'm just like Jamie - the hair appliance photo cracked me up. It totally reminded me of my days at Siloam as a camper.

Jennifer said...

Your blog always gets me teary! I love how you took a picture of Kelly and her dad last summer and now you have a picture this year. So much has changed for your family! It's amazing how much our sweet babies have grown. Way to go Harper's Nonny! I hope you can be a counselor when Harper goes to camp. Jennifer

The Whites said...

aww.. seeing your post made me smile (& a little sad too). We did youth ministry for 7 years before going to the mission field and I don't think a summer will ever pass that we don't miss going to camp. What special memories, even for the adults. :-)

Amber said...

Seeing your pictures made me miss my jr. high and high school years. Every summer I went to cheer camp and a week long trip with my youth group. I had tons of fun and learned so much about myself and what God has in store for me.

I told Kelly yesterday that when she commented on my blog it was like having a celebrity comment on it...now you did and it's like this huge excitement LOL Thank you for the sweet comments, encouragement is always the best motivator! God bless!

Amber

Jacquie said...

I loved the camp week recap! Sure brings back good memories. Glad y'all had a great week.

In His Army said...

Praise the Lord for those that came to know Him this week! I would love to go back to Siloam! The picture of the appliances in the bathroom...GOOD GRIEF! I hope those outlets are all ground faulted! ha!

Jennifer said...

I loved Siloam growing up. Our church always went and I have such fun memories from being there.
Brody and I are going to children's camp one or two evenings next week to see some friends from Benton. I'm excited about going!

Mrs. Joyce said...

I love this! I went to the same church camp every year for 9 years and then returned as a counselor, and later as an adult for Emmaus walks and women's retreats. But my daughters all went there for church camp and Walks too. I really hope our grandchildren, who live far away, will be able to attend when they are of age.

beckylbranch said...

Oh Bonnie and I grew up going to this camp! We went every year until we turned 18 and got too old to go! My little cousin, Lindsey, is actually in that first picture..she's going there now. She has red hair and is in a white t-shirt. She loved camp this year...she didn't get my "camp mail" I wonder if it got lost in the mix of mail! I remember how important it was to get mail at camp and those curling irons....memory lane....LOVE IT!

Bonnie said...

^^ Like Becky said above, I see our cousin (Lindsey Rosa) in 2 of the pictures. She has RED hair & she is getting so big. I mailed her a package & she got it at camp. Becky & I went every summer for years! It would be so neat to go back & visit someday. I don't remember the rooms being so messy though. Do they still give out awards if you keep your bed neat? Haha...