Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Sunday Evening....food, fellowship and music

Nothing says summer in a small town church like an evening of fellowship and a singing!

Of course it involves food and lots of it! We like to do "finger foods" and just about anything falls under that category!

Grandfathers get a chance to hold their grandsons for an evening!
The dessert table is always a hit!




A time for the church family to get to ooo and aah over some of the newer members!

This is three brothers and their sisters who have sung together all their lives and they are such a blessing to our church!
A couple of cuties who couldn't wait to get up on the stage and ham it up! They are so sweet!

Another great evening spent in the Lord's house! Sunday night church has always been my
favorite service. That's when the "church family" gathers to worship our Lord!

14 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

love sunday fellowships. such a good time.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I was getting my daughter settled back into college over the weekend and attended a country church near where my grandparents used to live. They were having their Homecoming. Talk about great food!!! It was delicious. It was a Baptist church and the church sits beside a beautiful mountain creek, where they baptize people in their church. The visiting minister who gave the sermon on Sunday was 91 years old. He was amazing!!! Have a nice week. Love & blessings from NC!

Kelley said...

What a wonderful evening you had! What a neat thing for those brothers and sisters to sing together after all this time. The food looks absolutely delicious. Your church family sounds so special and wonderful.

Laurie said...

That looks like a great time! I LOVE stuff like that!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I remember Sunday nights like that in the church I grew up in. :)

Jacquie said...

It was a great time, wasn't it? I loved watching "Sissy" dance during the worship hour... SO cute!!

on the eastern journey said...

That food looks amazing - especially the dessert table!

Kelley said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments. I bought Mary-Kate's dress on ETSY. I just searched for pillow case dresses. I had never used that website before. It was amazing finding so many handmade things.

Lauren said...

Awww, a beautiful time. Wish I could have been there!! :)

Gram said...

I love church fellowships!

Sharmin said...

We tried to rush home so we could get there, but we didn't make it. I hate that I missed it, but Mom forgave me. I'll be there the next time, though!

In His Army said...

Wish we could've been there!

Beverly Wooley said...

Oh, Judy ... this makes me so homesick for what used to be. I always loved Sunday night church best too. But several years ago our church discontinued Sunday night services and went the route of "cell groups." Just isn't the same!

Cherrie said...

Oh my, who ever made those egg rolls went to a lot of work! I would eat dessert before any main course, especially pie!