Saturday, February 6, 2010

Home, James!


We got home this past Thursday from our trip to the Pastor's Conference in Florida.  It was one of the
best conferences yet! (Do we say that every year we go?)  Truly a time of refreshing with God's Word, awesome music and seeing friends!



The church in Jacksonville goes "all out" for the conference every year.  Their church family works hard to make everything welcoming for all the pastors and staff who come.  Their music department in something to hear and see.  We enjoyed the Youth  and Children's Choirs who presented programs on different nights.   I could listen all day and night to them sing!  (And we do!)

We usually meet up with two couple we went to seminary with years ago.  The other couple's flight got cancelled because of the snow.  We really missed seeing them!

The pastor and his wife above are long-time friends and serve in Georgia.



We were glad to get home again of course!  Nothing feels as good as your own bed!
There is still alot of snow around here and they have been saying on the news that we are due
more starting tomorrow night and in to Monday!  Oh Joy!  I'd better swing by the grocery store
(along with everyone else in the county) and pick up some food since I had let everything dwindle
when we were gone!

Do you know the worst part of getting home after a long trip?



It's This..............






And this....................





Need I say more?

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Glad to hear you got home safely and had a wonderful time. I hate all the laundry that goes along with coming home from a trip.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Glad you enjoyed your conference, along with side trips along the way. I know you are glad to be home. Hope you don't get too much snow. We missed the snow yesterday and only got a dusting and then rain. Thank goodness. We still have lots of snow on the ground for the snowstorm over a week ago. Have a nice weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

Anonymous said...

So glad that ya'll had a nice time. It sounds wonderful with all of that pretty music. Snuggle up and stay warm. Susie~

Linda said...

How wonderful that you had a nice trip to Florida for the conference Judy. Pastors and their wives really need those times and I am happy for you.

I still read Kelly's blog but I don't like the disqus comment system so I don't leave comments anymore. (I always forget passwords) Ha! But I have to go there and see what she and Harper are up to!

You have a darling granddaughter!

Have a blessed Sunday.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Kelley said...

So glad you had a wonderful trip and made it safely home!

3LittleByrds said...

So glad you had a great time in Jacksonville. You were in my neck of the woods. :) Johnny Hunt is my uncle and aunt's pastor in NC. My uncle is a gospel singer Michael Combs.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Nothing like laundry to keep us humble. Do you know I actually LOVE doing laundry?! Weird, I know. I think I will do a post on favorite household chores.

Glad you had such a refreshing time. It is so good to renew our spirits as often as possible. God is so good to us.

From one Nonny to another!

Lauren said...

So glad you had a great time! But so bummed I didn’t get to see you while you were in the sunshine state!!! :(

Run26.2Mom said...

Sounds like the conference is held at the right time of year to lift up your spirits and help you get through the rest of the gloomy winter days.
Laundry and mail, I agree! We use to travel each month for two weeks at a time with a baby. That, my friend, was a challenge. It really made me realize that there really is no place like home.

Jenna said...

Hi sweet Judy! Just thinking about you and hoping you are having a good week back at home! I loved seeing all the pictures from your trip! Ya'll know how to road trip right! Love ya!!