Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Days


We, like half the country, have been experiencing many inches of snow the past few days.  It started here on late Sunday night and is suppose to continue through today.





I love to see the snow before it is "defiled" by humans or animals.  Fresh snow is always beautiful in the way it falls on different objects giving them an almost fantasy look.


The deer, bless their hearts, are back even if their caretakers were gone almost two weeks.  They didn't forget where their next meal comes from.   The funniest thing to watch is how they tell time.

They are no where to be seen until Hubs pulls into the drive after work every afternoon and then they magically appear out of the woods immediately!  Just like they are standing in the woods watching for his truck to appear.  And here they come running!  I think they have an internal dinner bell!!






Yesterday was cloudy and gloomy all day but today the sun is out and it is cold and crisp!


This might be a good day to get out my new cookbook my sister gave me (Thanks, Linda!) and give a new recipe a whirl!  

Have you seen Ree's new cookbook?  It is delightful as she is!   And her photography is worth the price of the book!

13 comments:

Kelley said...

The snow is beautiful! We are out of school again today. I can't get over all of the snow this year. It is better than ice.

Lauren said...

And this is reason #9097898439278934579 why I want snow, haha!!!

So majestic looking!!! :)

Courtney said...

I love a new snow, everything feels fresh and crisp. Enjoy!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I cannot BELIEVE how many deer are there!!!!!!! Amazing! They really MUST BE watching!!!

Your snow is beautiful...though I cannot wait for the warmth of sunshine!!!

Can't wait to hear about what you prepare from Ree's cookbook.

Nina said...

I follow her blog and love it. I haven't gotten her cookbook yet though.

3LittleByrds said...

That snow is beautiful and the deer priceless. I bet it's nice just to sit there and watch them. Enjoy your day.

Gram said...

I love the deer coming around for the dinner. I do love the fresh snow. Here in Colorado we have not had all the big storms yet (except in the mountains), but are being warned March and April could bring blizzards.
Let us hear how your new receipe turns out.

Nina said...

I forgot to mention earlier that I love the picture of the deer in the snow eating. God bless your husband for feeding their little stomachs each day. They are so blessed.

Laura said...

Try the comfort meatballs with the mashed potatoes....oh, yum!

Nina said...

Love PF Changs. I could simply get the lettuce wrap appetizers and be very happy. :)

We are having a snow day today, we are supposed to get 10-14 inches of snow! My mom, in PA. just got 24 inches this past weekend and they got an additional 10 inches last night. 34inches of snow!!!! Can you imagine. With 14 inches for us we should have off tomorrow too maybe.

beckylbranch said...

Those are such pretty pictures of the snow! I heard ya'll have been getting a lot of snow in AR. We may get some in TX tomorrow night, but probably just sprinkles. I want that cookbook soooo bad! I know it is probably great! I love her pictures, they make the food look so good! STAY WARM!!! <3 Becky

Sarah said...

I love all the deer you have at your house! I know they "eat the plants..." and everything, but I would love seeing them everyday!! :)

Lauren said...

The deer are so beautiful! We have many, but they are not that "tame"! Lovely!