Wednesday, March 31, 2010

O What a Beautiful Morning...O What a Beautiful Day!

It REALLY feels like spring today!  I actually went out of the house this morning without my usual three layers of clothes!  This is my absolutely favorite time of the year.  To see buds on all the trees just gives me so much pleasure....what could be any better?

I had a delightful lunch today with some ladies from our church.  We decided to meet monthly for a lunch, a time to get together and visit.  We are not a big church but there are people who sit on one side of the church who do not know people on the other side!  We want to fix that!!  We were talking about all the new people in our church there are to get acquainted with!




We all enjoyed a "Dutch-Treat" lunch and everyone of us ate something different! Several even got to taste-test some new dish.



Some got desserts.  This was minty cheesecake!  They said it was delicious.

I didn't get dessert because I knew I was coming home to make cookies for my Cubbies for tonight's Awanas.



And I got to taste-test a couple of rabbit cookies just to make sure they were palatable for the kids.

They were!!!

Hope it was a beautiful day in your neck of the woods!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think I want to be in your Cubbies group! They always get the best treats from you!:)

Enjoy the beautiful weather!

Jill said...

A great idea for your ladies to get to know one another!

Those cookies look yummy!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Today was an awesome day!!!! I was off work. Had brunch with 2 dear friends. Received word that my daughter was picked for an internship this summer at Brenner's Children's Hospital. Praise God! My other daughter is working close by and called to say she wanted to meet us tonight for dinner. It is myself and these 2 sweet girls who are hoping to get to meet Kelly in Atlanta in April. Can't wait!!! Have a great Easter. Love & blessings from NC!

Kelley said...

The cookies look delicious! Wish I was a cubby! It was a beautiful day in north central Arkansas. I love this time of year too.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Good grief that mint cheesecake looks great! I would have a hard time with all those sweets around!!:)

Happy Easter.

From one Nonny to another

ashmhendrix said...

I looove this time of year too! :)

Brooke said...

Oh, I love that you had a time of fellowship with the ladies in your church. It is so important to feel recognized and appreciated, and your lunches sound like a wonderful way to achieve that!

I have a package of those same bunny cookies in my refrigerator for my kids. They have been begging.....I don't think I'm going to be able to follow my original plan and wait until Easter to bake them. :) It is supposed to pour down rain tomorrow, so maybe we'll have a stay inside and bake day.

Although the cookies are really cute, I would have had a pretty hard time passing up a bite of that minty cheesecake. I'd be happy to go to lunch and get to know ANY woman if that cheesecake were present! ha!

Lauren said...

YAY for Spring!!! Love you Mrs. Judy!!! :)