Friday, April 23, 2010

Child-Rearing 101

Well, I feel like I'm back to square one with my baby care days revisiting me!

Some things I forgot............ This is only one area that I took a picture of!  Every room in my house is living proof there's a toddler in the house!!     There's not much reason to pick up everything because the toddler is right behind me throwing things out of baskets, drawers and other places I can't believe she has found!    I love it because I can clean after I take her home.....Now is the time to play with her!


Here are some of the things we did today:


We caught up on our reading..........





We played with some toys............


When Papa came home this afternoon we rode up and down the drive in the new car!






We've certainly gotten our money's worth of enjoyment out of this little car!!  She climbs in and out of it a million times a day!  (or so it seems that way!)


We also walked many miles today!

Then we ran out of gas (or at least I did) and Harper decided she would PUSH her car up and down the driveway!




We walked all over the yard.............MANY times!


We also got a new beach ball to roll around the house!


Tonight  we went out to dinner and Harper had a great time looking at all the decorations hanging on the walls of the restaurant and of course, people watching.

Harper is the easiest child to feed and easy to put to bed at night!  (Not so easy with the nap during the day)  I think she was worn out tonight but we had a good day.  Her aunt and uncle are coming out tomorrow to see her!

Think I'd better get to bed myself!!

14 comments:

Jo said...

I'm tired just reading the post! I bet everyone will sleep well tonight!

The Garners said...

Looks like a great day! I like the one of her pushing her car! :)

Elaina Weaver said...

Looks like Miss Harper is having a great time!

julie & joe said...

Toddlers are exhausting! Right now we have a toddler and a 3 week old foster babies in our home. Our son is 4 and I had forgotten how exhausting it is......there is a mess every where. Oh well. the kids are happy so it is alright.

Michelle said...

"Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why it's called the present!"

Hope today is another wonderful day with that sweet grandbaby of yours!

Heather said...

I love seeing your day!!! I know you are WORN OUT!!! What fun times, though! And I am now TOTALLY convinced that AK is getting one of those cars for her birthday...Harper just looks like she is loving it! :)

merlin said...

Not a coincidence that her shirt says "wild" ?!!
I feel tired just looking at the pictures of your one day's adventure. I had forgotten the endless need for busy-ness that the wee ones have, and they do. I thought that I was looking forward to grandchildren someday....maybe not so fast afterall!
Enjoy, because I do remember, as I'm sure you do as well, how quickly it all ends and the next stage begins.

In His Army said...

I know she is a busy busy girl! And I know you are enjoying every minute!

Kelley said...

I bet you all are having a ball with her. She looks like so much fun! My daughter is busy like that, too.

Divya said...

OMG ! She looks precious running in the lawn.

Beverly Wooley said...

Looks like you are having a great time, Judy. I kept looking for Kelly every time they showed and audience scan at the simulcast but never spotted her. Not much of a surprise considering how many people were there. Awesome event - even from a "remote location." Kelly's sure to come home "filled and free."

Sharmin said...

Enjoy your time with Miss Harper...but I know you will.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Such adorable pictures of Harper. I can't believe how she has grown. We told Kelly it seemed like she was just born yesterday and now she is such a big girl. I remember praying for her in the hospital! Enjoy your time with Harper. Love & blessings from NC!

Donna said...

Love the picture of Harper and her Poppa walking side by side down the driveway.That one is "frig worthy". I know you had a ball with her. There is a reason we had our children in our youth!! Whew!! Now get some rest.
Keeping you in my heart in Ga.
Donna