Thursday, April 22, 2010

Let The Games Begin.......

Today we went over to pick up our granddaughter who is spending the next few days with us while her Mom flies to Atlanta to see Beth Moore speak at a conference.

We have been looking forward to this day for weeks.  Now the day is over, Harper is in bed fast asleep upstairs and I am wondering how I forgot how tired you get, how quickly your house gets unorganized  and how a 15 month-old can move at such a fast clip!!   I love it!!

Here are some pictures of our day!  These are for the parents so they don't forget what she looks like!






These two pictures above were made before we left for home.



As soon as we came in the front door of our house and Harper saw her new car she was excited.  I 'm sorry but this new car already has 5,000 miles on it after this afternoon!!!


Harper ate a nice supper of peas, macaroni and cheese and peaches.   She is a good eater!
Also, she liked the chocolate ice cream cone we stopped and got her on the way home!!



She and her Poppa went outside for a look at our new adopted dog!





Well, she loves the dog already and has opened the front door trying to  get out and see him!  The front door will now be locked at all times!






I think Harper is going to have a few great days in the country with her Nonny and Poppa!
I know WE will!!

Have a wonderful trip Kelly and be blessed by all you do and hear!

20 comments:

Courtney said...

Enjoy your time with Miss Harper!

Jennifer said...

Tell Harper we promise to take good care of her momma while she is having so much fun with you two!!

Brody has the same car and he drives it everywhere. It's so fun to watch!

Kelly said...

I miss her so much! But she looks SO happy! I know she is loving her time with her grandparents.
Don't spoil her too much!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Aw, this brings back happy memories of my inlaws enjoying our kiddos (when they were babies). It makes me a little sad too that we live so far away from our family.

Enjoy your time with Harper. It's a gift to you and your husband, to Harper, and to Scott and Kelly!

Jennifer said...

Oh how fun! Wish my parents lived close enough to come get Evie for a few days. Enjoy your time with Harper.

Kelley said...

That sounds like such a great time! I love all of the pictures, but especially the one with her in her new car.

The Garners said...

Have fun! Great pictures!

ashmhendrix said...

Harper gets cuter every time I see new pictures! :)
Hope y'all have a great time!

In His Army said...

These pictures are SOOO sweet and I'm sure you guys aren't giving her all the attention. She looks pleased with the car! :) Have fun with that sweet little girl!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Have a GREAT time with HARPER....Had a few hours to blog hop tonight......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html

Patty said...

What a wonderful weekend you will have with the beautiful Miss Harper! She is just a doll!!!! I'm sure Kelly is so at peace leaving her with such loving grandparents! Have fun and hope you get some rest...ok...rest after Harper leaves!

Patty from TX

Tara G. said...

Laughing at Kelly's comment- I say the same thing to my mom! :) Have a blast!

Panamamama said...

Love the sweet curls Harper is getting! So cute!

Laurie said...

DARLING pictures! I love her car! I am looking forward to spending time with Kelly.

Megan said...

Oh what a fun time. Just look at Harper's big smile!

Heather said...

Have a GREAT weekend! I know you will! I think AK needs a car like that for her birthday!

Becky said...

I know two people that are having some fun right now! Well, make that three people, because I know Harper stamps is having just as much fun!!!!

Judy, Harper hair looks like it might be getting curly. I can't believe how fast she is growing.

Y'all have fun!!!!

Divya said...

Please keep blogging daily - I regularly visit Kelly's for Harper updates alone ! :)

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I know you have had so much fun with Harper this weekend. My girls had the Little Tykes car and loved it. Such a timeless toy! My girls and I enjoyed meeting Kelly so much. She is adorable. I know you are so proud of her! Love & blessings from NC!

Sarah said...

That last picture is BEAUTIFUL!!