Saturday, June 19, 2010

What I Will Miss/ Decorating Dilemma

Things I will miss this week......................


Saying 6,ooo times, "Boys and Girls, Let's line up please.............."





Saying, "Please put your face through the opening, not your whole head and arms......" at least 75 times!




Not singing  "Don't be a tumm  ----mmmm- ble ------wwwweeeeeeeeddd"  600 times!
Seriously, I woke up at 3 a.m. and that song was on my mind!!






I am missing "My Cowboy" too!


But let me just give you one word:  Skype!




I do love new technology even if I don't understand most of it!
To be able to talk face to face with someone in another part  the world is just wonderful!
And the best part is ......it's free!!

So Hubs and I have a "Internet Date" every day while he is gone!  Beats the phone any day!


I went down to Hub's shop early this morning to feed our two dogs and when I returned to the house, this is what I saw sitting on the front porch........




Lady, the female lab that now belongs to a different set of our neighbors, came down to spend the day with our lab, Bobber.

Her parents were going out of town for the day and she came down to spend the day resting on the porch until they return tonight.  It's nice to have company!


Now I need some help with a decorating dilemma.  I just bought a new bedspread for our bed.  I like the colors really well and it came with 7 matching pillows.






The colors are a chocolate brown, dark brown, a muted orange and a light blue.  It is really much prettier in person, trust me!  The material has a silky feel.  That's my yellow pillow case showing up behind (the pillow I actually sleep on).

Here's the problem:  It didn't come with matching curtains as I've noticed very few bedspread sets do.
Here's a picture of the windows in my bedroom with my old curtains.  Of course, they will not stay up because they match my old comforter and pillows.

We have a bay window with transoms above.  All you decorators, what kind and what color should I go for?  I don't need them for privacy....just for looks!

Any ideas are appreciated!

17 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

you do sew, right? i thought you did. you could easily make something or hot glue (like the nester) in one of those solid colors, the brown or any. such little fabric that you'll need it shouldn't be too pricey.

Mrs. Jenk said...

I would make a faux roman shade in the blue. The blinds give it some brown, so I would avoid more of that color. Centsational Girl just showed an east roman shade a few weeks ago. Love the front porch!

Katie said...

Hello~ I don't think I have ever commented, but I feel like I "know" you since your Kelly's mom. ; )

How wonderful that you and Colson may share a birthday. I love the idea of having cake, homemade ice cream, and watermelon every year to celebrate! That combination makes any birthday a huge success. ; )

Thank you for your prayers. They mean so much.

Elaina Weaver said...

Not sure about the curtains, but that bedspread is gorgeous. Love it!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I know you had fun at Bible school, even if you did have to repeat yourself a million times. I'm sure the kids loved the cowboy theme. What sweet dogs!!! Your bedspread is beautiful! I would go with a solid color from the bedspread for the window topper/curtain. I wouldn't go with the orange, but the dark brown or blue would be pretty. Let us know what you decide on. I have friends who Skype with their grandchildren and love it. Love & blessings from NC!

Kimberly said...

Does your new comforter have matching sheets? I have used sheets to make matching curtains.

Kelley said...

VBS looked like some much fun at your church this year. I need to learn to Skype with my sister who lives in Alaska. I love the color brown. I would definitely go with a solid color. I have seen curtains made from sheets, too. They actually turned out pretty cute.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Love, love, love the new bedspread!!! I would do some window mistreatments "nester style". Did you see what she did in her kitchen/dining area about a year ago...with the check patterned fabric? Check it out b/c I think something like that would look good in your window.

Patty said...

The end of VBS is always bittersweet. I still have those songs stuck in my head. Especially the theme song. ;)

As for my humble opinion, my heart would tell you to go with an orange color for 2 reasons, 1. I love orange. 2.) I am a VOL fan and I live in BIG ORANGE country. lol Yes, I know I am the minority on this one and I couldn't help myself. hehe

Seriously, I was thinking of blue to pull it out more from the bedspread and it would be a great color for summer or orange would be good too and then in the winter maybe a brown color.

Your home is gorgeous and I know whatever you choose will be beautiful!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

You can kind of see what she did in a couple of the pictures in this post.

http://www.thenester.com/2009/10/31-days-to-a-better-dressed-nest-day-14-maximize-seating.html

If you search her blog you may be able to find a better picture. I think a mistreatment like this would look good in between your windows...especially if you're looking to soften the space with fabric but don't need privacy.

Jacquie said...

I've been singing those songs for days now too. I'm going to miss all the smiles this week... especially since it'll be SO MUCH quieter this week.

I can't believe YOU'D ever have a decorating dilemma. But, I agree a solid (I love chocolate brown) of some sort would be pretty. Maybe some panels that would hang from ceiling to floor between the windows??

The B's said...

I just went to Kirklands today and got some brown silky curtains for our house...maybe something like that would work? I don't sew so...I either need something I can glue or buy :)

Matt Morris said...

Hello, I check in on you often but have never commented. I LOVE your bedding ensemble! I would love to know where you bought it. t would be so perfect in my bedroom and I think I would/will go with the blue for my valance.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Nichole said...

I have that same set. In my old house I had orange curtains up. I know it sounds odd, but they really work well with the bed spread. If you're not for going orange, brown is another great option.

Nichole said...

I would also LOVE to know where you got that set. Those are the colors I want in my master bedroom and LOVE the set that you found!!!

Sharmin said...

I could let you in on my little design secret....Dollar General. I found some chocolate brown silky panels and have them on my living room windows. You can't beat $5 each!

Run26.2Mom said...

I love the colors, so warm and cozy, yet trendy. I think I would explore the blue shades for the curtain choices. Check out Ikea. They seem to have great prices on curtains that are stylish. Just a thought. Can't wait to see the finished result.
Peace.