Monday, December 6, 2010

How Far Is It to Bethlehem?


 Last night was our younger children's Christmas program, "How Far Is It to Bethlehem?"










 The children did a wonderful job of learning a lot of lines as they acted out Biblical characters.They learned many songs and sang them with "Gusto" much to the delight of their leaders! (and the audience!)

My favorite picture was at the end of the program and the kids were pretty worn out from their performance.

 This darling little "angel" who is just the cutest, sweetest child around was not
happy!

 Such a cute face...even in times of fatigue......show business is a hard business to be in!!

Thank you, leaders and parents, for making this such a blessed evening!  Hope the children will remember it forever in their lives just as I remember being an angel in our church's Christmas pageant some 54 years ago!

7 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

nothing sweeter than children's programs....

Sandy said...

Adorable! Children's Christmas programs are always a favorite part of the holidays for me.

ashmhendrix said...

Children Christmas musicals are the best! They are so sweet!!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

So sweet. I cannot wait until our boys are old enough to participate in Christmas musicals! I'm sure it will be a hoot! :)

Anonymous said...

Just something so special about a Cristmas play with kids. Madison was baby Jesus the year she was born. I was so proud that night although I prayed the entire play she would not cry or have diaper drama...ha! She loves when I tell her stories of her very first play and smiles so sweet when I get to the part where her Daddy was Joseph :)
This year she is a tree. Ha!
Merry Christmas!

Jacquie said...

You got some good pictures, but I especially like that one of "Sissy". She is adorable!!

Brenda Sessions said...

All the children did such great jobs. I know that God was watching every thing from His throne with such love and joy. Saying "yep"...those are my "little ones"~