Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Sister and a note to Kelly

Today is Linda's birthday, my only sibling and only sister!  We are just 15 months apart and I wanted to wish her a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and let her know I am right behind her in getting older!!



 Here she is with my Mom and Dad.  The year was probably 1947.  My Mom was pregnant with me in this picture!
We were pretty much two-peas-in-a-pod!  My Mom made everything we wore and she dressed us just alike.  She just got enough material for two dresses and cut them out of the same pattern.

This was Linda in the third grade!  I remember this little red plaid dress 'cause I had one just like it! She put a border around the collar and sleeve.  Mother was an excellent seamstress!


Does this not look like something out of a 60's TV show?  We were young teen-agers.  Love my Daddy's bow tie! Mother always loved jewelry and had lots of necklaces with matching earrings.
Linda had on the ever-popular shirtwaist dress with a circle pin.  Remember those?

We won't speak of my blue-stripe glasses.  Wonder who picked out those??

Linda was always a wonderful aunt who loved her niece Kelly and nephew Chris!  And the feeling was mutual!


Chris loved his "Mickey Mouse" ears!

Even now, Aunt Linda is loving on my grandchildren!

So Happy Birthday Linda!  You know we love you and appreciate you!
You are a dedicated teacher and most of all, have a loving heart!

I think you turned out pretty good for an "older" sister!!!!


I need to make a note to Kelly:  you know how you talked on your blog a few days ago about feeling bloated and "pasty" after having Hollis?

Well, look at the picture I found of myself after Chris was born and my face looks so white and
pasty that I look like I fell in a flour bin!  And I did not feel good NOR look good!


Also, you worry if Harper will love Hollis?  Here is you "loving and kissing" on your baby brother and you never had a problem accepting him!  Harper will do the same!
I love this sweet picture of the two of you!


17 comments:

Lauren said...

So sweet!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post!

Amanda said...

Hi Judy,
You posted a blueberry muffin recipe a while ago. I am having trouble finding it. I'm probably skipping right over it. What month was that? I should have bookmarked it, even thought I had. Would like to make those:) I finally have an excuse...a new neighbor.
Thank you!
Amanda in Little Rock

Nancy said...

Sweet post! You have a beautiful sister! Happy Birthday to her!

Linda said...

Judy...Happy Birthday to your sister Linda! I had an older sister named Judy...and of course I'm Linda too. Those must have been the popular names back then! (:>)

These pictures of Kelly sure look like Harper. They are sweet.

Your sister looks like a sweetheart...it must run in your family!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Aren't sisters just THE best!!? Those are CUTE pictures of your 'little' children. :)

rita from georgia said...

the pic of her with your mom and dad in 1947 looks just like Harper today. those genes run deep. love your family and pics.

Anonymous said...

One word.... Awwwww :)

Maryellen said...

I think in those baby photos of Kelly . . . Hollis looks just like Mom !

Adorable . . .

Happy Birthday to your sister!

Marie said...

Happy Birthday to your sister , just think Harper is a older sister now .I like the pictures you posted, takes you back in time I bet when you look at Harper since she looks so much like Kelly did when she was little , and the baby , she looks just like a baby doll with all that hair, precious!! both of them

Donna said...

Sweet "birthday card" to your sister. In your pics you and Harper favor a lot. Hollis looks so much like Kelly. Love the pic of Kelly lovin' on her brother.
Keeping you in my heart in Ga.
Donna

Kelley said...

That is so precious! I love seeing pictures of you and your sister! The pictures of Kelly and Chris are too cute. I commented on Kelly's blog about feeling bloated and my hair a mess after both of my girls. I can totally relate. Although, both of you look beautiful in your pictures.

Pastor Steve said...

What's up with the "bloated and pasty white?" You always look good to me!

Rebekah said...

That last picture is so so cute! Of course Harper will love Hollis!

Jen S. said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet sister Linda...I ♥ April 13th because it's my birthday too!!
What a special sister and Aunt she must be! I enjoyed looking at the pictures :)
Have a great day!

Martha said...

what a beautiful blog you have.. My two daughters are just a little younger than Kelly.. I am going to have a grandbaby this June.. can't wait.. It's a boy. I've been to visit and heped to get the nursery all set up.. what fun.. Thanks for sharing!

http://martha-theothermartha.blogspot.com/

Martha said...

Judy, I don't know how to comment back to you.. just wanted to thank you for being my first commenter!! I love your and Kelly's blogs.. I read them every day. I'm so new at this and am just thrilled that people are actually reading it.. Thank you again for posting.