Friday, May 6, 2011

Wonderful Memories

I will be spending my Mother's Day doing something very special.  My newest granddaughter, Hollis Barrett Stamps, is being dedicated to the Lord at her church and I will be there representing her Papa and I as we rejoice in how the Lord has blessed us all with this precious little new life!

But I didn't want Mother's Day to go by without saying something about my Mother.  She passed away several years ago but I still miss her everyday.  There is just something profound about losing your Mother....no matter how old you are......you feel that loss always.

This is my Mom when she was a senior in high school.  Doesn't she have the most beautiful eyes?

I think she was always very stylish.  At least every picture I have of her, she was always dressed so nicely.  She had an eye for color, loved fabric and was the best seamstress around.  She made everything we wore until we were in high school.

She also had two little daughters that kept her very busy!  She cooked from scratch, washed our clothes and hung them out on a line, ironed all our clothes, sewed and knitted, canned, made jelly and preserves, and made sure we were all in church every week!  A true Proverbs 31 woman!

I have tons of pictures of my parents with my children as they grew up but this one just a represents what a wonderful Grandmother (Mam-ma) she was to my children.

She adored her grandchildren.  She told me many times how she couldn't tell the difference between her own children and her grandchildren.  She sacrificed many times for their welfare.  I only hope I can be as selfless as a grandmother to my two sweet girls as my Mother was to my two children.

My thoughts lately have been how much my Mother would love Harper and Hollis if she were here!

I have such good memories of my Mother and I just thank God He put me in the wonderful home my parents provided for my sister and me.  We were blessed!

I hope each of you have a wonderful Mother's Day week-end.  I always think of those who have lost their Mothers, or who have lost a child or can not have children.  My heart just hurts for you but I know God has a plan for each of our lives, we just have to trust Him and His timing in all things.

Blessings!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I see where you and Kelly get your wonderful sense of style...Your Mom. What a beautiful woman and legacy she has left. I often wonder how women in those days had time to do it all. My Maw Maw was just like your Mom and I never heard one cross word ever. She was always so happy and made us feel so special. Happy Mothers Day Mrs. Judy. You are kinda like my blog Mother :) Hugs, Susie

Anonymous said...

Our moms were our first fan club. I lost my mom 9 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't think of her and miss her dearly.

waikikimum said...

Happy Mother's Day Judy. I hope you have a lovely day with your children and grandbabies. I am having a lovely lunch with my mother,children and all our family. It will be the most beautiful day and I am always thankful that we can all be together.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

She was such a lovely woman. You are well on your way to being like your mother. :) You are so involved and your grandchildren will always know how much you love them. Happy Mother's Day, Mrs. Judy!

Jacquie Wallace said...

Beautiful post, Judy!! I always love your old photos. You are so fortunate to have them.

Happy Mother's Day to one of the best Moms I've ever known.

Kelley said...

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow! Your mother sounds wonderful! I think you are special too!

Unknown said...

Judy, thanks for the lovely words about Mom. I feel blessed every day having had such a caring and devoted mother. I feel blessed having a wonderful sister like you as well. Linda

Jen S. said...

Hi sweet Judy~
Happy Mother's Day to you!

I too think your Mother had beautiful eyes. It was fun getting to see the pictures of her. She sure was stylish too. She sounds like a wonderful, beautiful lady.

I hope your your day today was wonderful :)

Nancy said...

Your Mom was a beautiful lady!! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day & from the looks of it on Kelly's blog, I know you did!!
You are a wonderful Mom & I am so happy to follow your blog! Have a good week ~