Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth Week-End in Texas

Kelly's Korner always gets the jump on me when we participate in the same activities.  She is quick with downloading pictures and writing a blog.  It takes me a few days........


Plus, she took my camera card and got a bunch of my pictures so I am showing you some that were left over from our trip to Texas.

You should go to her blog and read the whole adventure to Big D and then come back and I'll add a little more of my perspective!


We did have an awesome week-end! Quick but fun!  Trying to see son, DIL, the in-laws, the out-laws and everyone else in the family in two short days!   And then wrestle two sweet babies in the meantime!!  

I forgot how much STUFF you have to travel with when you have babies!  They change clothes a lot!

This little girl was delightful the whole trip (I don't care what her Mom/Dad say)!  We had so much fun with her!  There is never a dull moment and she is a sweet, loving child!   She had quite a good time with her Nonny and Papa.  She would come over to our room every morning and we would take her down to breakfast while the rest of the family got ready.   She is easy to take care of but wants to do everything herself: Push all the elevator buttons, climb up on any stool, fix her own oatmeal, etc.  Her motto is "Let Harper do it" and we did!!  (pretty much)

Of course, baby sister, "Sissy" as Harper calls her was just delightful too!  She really is at a good age for travel.  She just minds her own business, looks around and smiles when spoken to and only fusses when she is sleepy or hungry!   I know grown people like that, do you?

This was the first time Hubs' Mom has seen Hollis and we were so excited to get some pictures of her with the two great-grandchildren!

We spent the first day at our son and DIL's house.  I love their backyard...so cute but too hot to eat out that day!

Our DIL's parents were there to visit also and it was so good to see and visit with them!



Here's Miss Coco, our granddog!!   She pretty much rules the house!!! 



Harper not only found Chris's guitar but a giraffe that she wanted to play with!


Two pretty girls!

Carrie's sweet mom, Chris!

The middle of the afternoon, we loaded the kids up and decided to try the new double stroller out at the local mall.  I told Kelly that I use to take her in her stroller to NorthPark when she was a baby.  Neiman-Marcus was one of the main stores there.  I sure couldn't afford anything there 35 years ago and now I don't care to pay too much for anything there just to say it came from Neimans!   Some people do....but not me!

NorthPark is always full of interesting things to look at!  Harper had so much fun watching the ducks and turtles in this little river!

I have always loved the many interesting floral designs NorthPark has.  They had tons of cactus.  Not my personal favorite but these were pretty different!



Some beautiful orchids!

Many people love this store.

But this is my favorite: nothing but cards, paper and stationary! I could spend hours in this shop!

Or maybe a few minutes in this shop..........

Hubs says there are more geeks per square foot in this store than anywhere!  That includes us because we all have MACS!

Lots of things to look at!  But there were so many people in this mall it gave me the heebie-jeebies!
More people than in our two counties at home.   Do I sound like a hick?  Good!

Sunday we went out and spend the day with Great-Grandma Shirley and family.

Aunt Kathy was so nice she got Harper several kinds of bubbles to blow.  And it is windy in Texas!

Aunt Kathy trying to show Harper how to let the wind blow the bubbles!

Aunt Molly came out for supper and a little visit with the girls and us!

I think she enjoyed Hollis!

These are precious times!

So I guess you could say we had a flying trip to Texas and a great visit with everyone.
We certainly enjoyed our time with everyone!



I love my precious family and am so thankful for each one of them!

What a great way to spend a holiday!


How did you spend your Fourth?


13 comments:

Kelly said...

I like that my mom refers to me as "Kelly's Korner".

Linda said...

I spent my 4th the same way you did Judy...loving on my kids and grandkids! (But we didn't have to travel...) Family times are the best times ever!

I loved your post and your pictures. Such a beautiful family!

Love, Linda

Elaina Weaver said...

Paper Source looks like reason enough to visit Dalls. :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love the card shop too at North Park. Spent some time there recently....and could stay all day
Glad you had a good trip....I know you know Arkansas....We will be there all week next week...our little Austin is having some heart surgery at Ark Childrens Hospital..We will have three other littles with us....Is there anything fun to to...Any good malls?

Nancy said...

Great post with great pictures!! Glad your family had a wonderful time together!!!

Lauren said...

FUN weekend!!!!!!! :)

Mallory said...

You have such a beautiful family!! I'm glad y'all had a great weekend in TX!

Unknown said...

Stopping from Jenna's Journey! What a wonderful 4th you had!

Tara G. said...

Recovering from jet lag...we did have baked mac 'n cheese and hamburgers (fried in a pan on the stove for lack of a grill!) on our patriotic plates! And have mercy- a mall! I didn't even get to one in our 2.5 weeks back!

Daisy said...

You have the most precious grand daughters!! always love seeing miss harper in town =) hopefully miss hollis will come to flippin soon =)

Donna said...

Very cute pictures of your trip. And I agree, Harper is perfect, doesn't matter what anyone says. Grandmothers have a different perspective on these things. My Grands are perfect, too. Paper Source looks like a fun store. Wish there was one in Macon. And Happy Birthday to you!!

Jill said...

You sound like my husband when it comes to a crowded mall. HA! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time with fam...love the pictures.

Candis Berge said...

Ah, family is such a gift! It was fun to see your 4th of July celebration - and those sweet granddaughters as well. We celebrated July 5th and the noise level was pretty high... makes the quiet extra quiet when they all leave!