Monday, October 3, 2011

Flagpole, Basketball and all things in between.....

This past week was a busy week here in our little neck of the woods.

We started off with our annual Campus Prayer Walk around the school on Tuesday night.  Hubs and I got to walk together this year and I enjoyed it very much!  We walk all around our elementary, middle and high school praying for the students, their teachers and their families.

Hubs and I stopped at the door of each of the elementary teachers who we know or go to our church and prayed for them to have a wonderful year with their students and for their families' welfare.  It's always hard if a teacher's children/family get sick and the teacher has to be out.  I speak from experience: it is hard to have a substitute.

Wednesday morning we had our annual See You at the Pole.  I can't even remember how many years I have been participating in this every year but probably since it's beginning at a national level.  We had one of the best turn-outs for that and we fed the kids before they left for class since most show up before 7 a.m.








From Wednesday to Saturday the Crossfire basketball team came to our community to speak in all the schools.  They had a Saturday morning basketball skills camp and then Saturday night they played a team of alumni from the area schools.

They presented the Gospel and over 100 were saved and over 100 other decisions were made also!
We had met two of the members of the team when we went to Romania.  They travel all over the world and present the Gospel.  They have many members on their team but only so many travel at a time.

This is their leader and his name is Randy Shepherd.  He also preached at our church Sunday morning!




This young man on the keyboard was named Jazz.  He had such an outstanding story he told just before he played and sang.  By the way, he sounded like an angel singing....so beautiful!

His mother was pregnant and getting ready for an abortion.  For some reason, she decided against it and gave birth to Jazz and his twin sister.  But she couldn't afford to take care of them and they both went into foster homes.  He said he went to a Christian home where he was introduced to Jesus and it changed his life.  He taught himself to play the piano!  He was so sweet and I loved getting to visit with him!


This is Tim Lewis.  He was a great young man with a great love for the Lord!




Here's a couple of cuties that I love that were at the game Saturday night!




This week started with very cool weather.  It was in the low 40's this morning.  I have already started putting on 2 layers of clothing!  Oh, how I dread cold weather!  The Boys and I took a walk this afternoon and I had to pause and stand in the sun and warm up!  It felt so good!

So I put up my fall wreath on the door and now it is officially fall at my house!

You know we live where the "deer and the antelope play" all year round.  But lately the deer are playing closer and closer to the house!  

I guess they feel at home!


Hubs flew to Dallas today to see his mother who has been in the hospital all week.  Please remember her in your prayers if you will.  She has been very sick but tonight she was doing better!
We are hoping she will get to go home soon!







9 comments:

Paula said...

Don't you just love looking at all those young men and women and watching them grow (spiritually. physically, and emotionally) and knowing that the future is in such good hands?

I love looking at your pictures. Not quite as much space here in my corner of the woods as yours but I get a few of the same scenes here as well.

Last week my crane was back in my pond. He is only ever here for a few hours, then I dont see him til next year. I don't know from whence he comes or where he goes. And I never can get a picture of him. But he's a huge thing. And always alone.

I empathize on not wanting cold weather. What we have now is as cold as I want it to get. Around 40 the past two mornings, but still warm and sunny during the day. Last week while I babysat the granddog, I would put her out when I came home for lunch, and when I had to leave a half hour later she would look up at me and seem to be saying "But Grandma, it's so nice out, cant you just stay home and play in the sun with me?"

If we could only go from Spring to Summer to Fall and then back to Spring again, it would be wonderful!

Sara said...

Praying for your MIL. Hope she gets to go home soon!

Nancy said...

So glad you are doing good! Lots of wonderful things going on in this post!!
Those little girls @ the basketball game are precious!
Hope your Mother-in-law continues to get well!
It is CHILLY here this morning in AL! My hubby just left for work & it's 48 outside! Brrr!

Kimberly said...

Hope your mother in law is doing better this week and home soon.

The Anglin Family said...

Praising God to see so many people saved! I remember doing See you at the pole when I was younger, so thankful we live in a place where our kids can come together and pray!
I'll say a prayer for your MIL!

Colleen said...

I am praying for your Mother-in-Law! I love Randy Shepard, he's good friends with a former pastor of mine and he used to visit us in Baltimore a lot. What a blessing he and the Crossfire team are! Blessings you! I am constantly amazed by the things the Lord pushes you and your family to do!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time you've been having. Don't you just love seeing those deer so close? My daughter and I went to a cystic fibrosis fundraiser dinner in Carmel, CA, a couple weeks ago. It was held at a local golf club, and there were deer on the golf course. They just stared at us as we took their picture.

Kelley said...

Praying for your mother in law! I love your pictures!

Anonymous said...

WOW- So many wonderful things going on in your life right now. Praise the Lord!

Those deer are beautiful. I absolutely adore deer.

Prayers for your MIL- Hope you have a very blessed week