Saturday, December 24, 2011

I'll Be Home for Christmas.....

We are planning on spending a quiet Christmas at home this year.  It is actually something to look forward to after a busy year that never seems to end with things to do, people to see and places to go!!

I wanted to show a couple of pictures made at our Candlelight Lord's Supper service this past Wednesday night.  We always try to do things a little different...never changing the importance of the ordinance but also not to make it a ritual but something very special just as the One is special who we remember.

We had several ladies who worked on making the unleaven bread.  The idea was to make it as in the olden days.  Brenda Hopper had the idea to use a very old table that was in her barn for the Lord's Supper table.  One of the men of the church took it, cleaned the dirt dobbers off, cleaned the wood and it was just wonderful....a simple table for serving the bread and juice!  We walked down the aisle with our candles lite, picked up our Lord's Supper and after everyone was served, we ate it together.  It was very special!








Sunday we had five new members join and blessed our hearts!  I love our church family!  They are the best!

On that Wednesday night, I had Harper with me and I was a little nervous about sitting through a worship service with her since she usually goes to the nursery.  But I decided to brave it and she was wonderful!  I told her to only whisper, that we did not talk out loud and she did!  But she does love to light the candles and blow them out.  We let her hold an "unlighted" candle and she seems happy with that!!

After the service she did want to go up on the platform and made a B-line for the guitars that our worship band keeps there.  I had to stop her twice!  Now that Santa has brought her two guitars.....I expect her to start playing anytime!



The next morning we made the trip over to see Kelly to celebrate her birthday and to take (sniff, sniff) Harper home!

Here are a few pictures of our little birthday/Christmas party with our kids!

Got the chance to hold this sweet baby for awhile!


My sister, Linda, went with us to see the kids and watch them open gifts she brought them!
They are blessed to have a great-aunt who loves them so much!

Papa got some quality time with Hollis!

Harper showing us her reindeer she made at MDO!

Helping Mommy open her birthday presents!

Smelling the candle I brought Kelly.

I think she wanted to try on her Mama's new earrings.........

......and wanted Papa to try them on also!!!

Hollis is on the prowl constantly!


We took everyone to Mimi's for lunch!  It was delicious as always!

The birthday girl wearing a new pair of earrings we got her!

Harper got in some sweet time with her Daddy!  She loves her Daddy!

After lunch we had a little Christmas! Hollis was asleep by then but Harper didn't mind opening her gifts for her!


This may be the start of her career as a musician! Kelly said she didn't put it down the rest of the day!
Santa knew she NEEDED a guitar!

I offered to get a set of drums for her birthday but her Mom said if I did, they would stay at MY house!


The tricycle was her "big" gift.  Her Dad was probably thrilled 'cause I think he has to put some of it together!  But he should have plenty of time till warm weather for her to ride it outside!

So that was our Christmas with our grandchildren.  Now they are spending time with their other grandparents!  I just hope Pap-paw Stamps won't have to try on any earrings!

May each of you who come to my blog to read about my family be blessed by the One whose Name is above all others......Jesus!

Have a wonderful Christmas and a Blessed New Year!

See you next year!






15 comments:

Erin said...

Merry Christmas Judy! I love the pics you have such a beautiful family!

His Doorkeeper said...

Thanks, Erin! I tried to drop you a note but couldn't find your blog or an email. Wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Leslie Neal said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a nice Christmas with your family!

The Anglin Family said...

Merry Christmas Mrs. Judy!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas at home this year;))

Angie said...

I always love to read about your sweet family! Merry Christmas!

Kelley said...

Merry Christmas, Judy! I love reading your posts. Your grands are so precious! It is really fun seeing Christmas in the eyes of a child.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Blessings to you....We attended a beautiful Chrismtas Eve service tonight

Claire said...

Merry Christmas Judy, I always love to check in on your blog! All blessings to you and yours in this special season.

Cxx

Linda said...

Looked like a wonderful Candlelight service at church. Glad you got to have Harper. She is such a darling.

Glad you had a fun gathering for your Christmas with the kids and Kelly's birthday.

Enjoy your restful Christmas together today!

In Christ's love,
Linda

Melanie Keffer said...

Amen and Merry Christmas to all of you!! God bless each and everyone. We look forward to a wonderful year with Jesus!!

In Christian Love,
Melanie Keffer

The Garners said...

Merry Christmas! The candlelight service looked so neat! I know mom really enjoyed helping with the preparations--I was wishing we could have been there. We had a candlelight service at church last night, and all three of our kids had burning candles. I was wishing I had a mini fire extinguisher in my purse! :) I always love the Christmas Eve service-- very special.

Karen said...

Merry Christmas to your sweet family. We attended a community candlelight service last night. It was special too!

Sabrina said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Gail said...

Merry Christmas, Judy! I enjoy reading your blog and watching your granddaughters grow. I can relate...I have a 16 month old granddaughter! They sure grow up fast!

Gail
Annapolis, Maryland

Chelsa said...

Catching up on blogs and I love to hear that ya'll had a wonderful (early) Christmas and a good birthday party w/ Kelly :)

I love how much you love your family- you remind me of my own momma!