Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Wonderful Baby



Thirty eight years ago, on December 22, I gave birth to this wonderful little baby girl.  It totally changed my life.

I was young (25) and had never been around babies.  But I believe God gives you a natural instinct to nurture your own children.  I loved being a Mother!  And I knew from the very beginning that I was raising a special child.  (In fact, I have raised two special children!)

She has always been fiercely independent with a mind of her own.  Strong-willed to say the least but also with a heart for others.  And most importantly, a heart for God.

She is now a Mother herself and I stand amazed at what a wonderful Mother she is.  She is so talented and very smart!  She has taught me many things along the way!  She is lovely on the outside (if I say so myself) but her beauty within is what makes my heart full of gratitude.

I love you with all my heart Kelly!
Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow and we can't wait to share it with you!

" I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John v.4

10 comments:

Cathy's World said...

I remember when I was in 4th grade and the teacher asked everyone what they wanted to be when they grew up. Some said a doctor and some said a nurse. I said a MOM! I love being a mom. I was blessed with 17 years with my precious son who went home to be with the Lord. He had brain cancer.I have a daughter who is 26 and has blessed us with 2 grand babies. A little girl who just turned 2 and a 4 year old little boy who reminds us so much of my son. God is good that way. He may take but he allows us to get a glimpse once in a while of my son. My daughter never even held a baby but when her son was born she knew what to do. She is such a good mom and I am so proud of her.
Kelly is the sweetest person and her girls...(and your girls...lol. ) are beautiful. I think Hollis looks so much like Kelly as a baby. We sure are lucky, aren't we.
God Bless and
Merry Christmas

Johanne said...

Happy Birthday Kelly. Kelly is the wonderful woman because of the wonderful mother who raised her. Hope everyone has a wonderful celebration.
Love & Hugs

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Kelly!

Blessings,

Amy

Kelly’s Korner said...

Thank you mom - I love you! I have pretty great parents!
PS that picture looks like Hollis

Kelley said...

What a fabulous post! Happy Birthday to Kelly! I have learned from my almost 6 short years of being a Mom that those birthdays are so special for us too!

Jennifer said...

Such a sweet post from a sweet momma! You and Steve have a great girl! :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post. I think Kelly's pretty awesome, too, and I only know her from her blog. You did a wonderful job raising her.

Nancy said...

She is one reason I started my blog. Happy birthday, Kelly! I don't even know you but I know how very special you are!

The Garners said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Kelly! We love you! :)

Linda said...

Kelly is a lovely person...and so is her Mom! God is so good to bless us with our children...and to help us, and give us wisdom and grace to raise them.

Harper and Hollis are doubly blessed to have a good mommy and a wonderful grandma!

Merry Christmas Judy!

Love, Linda