Thursday, December 29, 2011

What If You Went to Branson and the Rest of the World Was There?

Hubs and I had to make a little overnight trip because he had an early morning appointment with his doctor in a land far, far away.  (Well, at least, we have to get up a couple hours early just to drive there to be there on time!)

Kelly ask us to come meet her and the girls for lunch in Branson today.  She was meeting a friend for breakfast earlier.  She knows how we love to see our grands any chance we get, so of course, we told her that we would LOVE to meet them!

I have no news except Hubs got a great doctor's report and we enjoyed a little time away overnight!  Even the Boys are enjoying some pampering at the kennel for a couple of days!  (That means a shave and a haircut....more than two bits though!)

Here are some pictures from today!


Kelly and her friend, Amanda.

Papa telling Hollis what a sweet girl she is!

....................And she is the sweetest!!!!!!

Harper decided to do "snow angels" in the floor.  No snow.....and I'm sure no germs in the middle of a floor that the ENTIRE world has walked on!  OK, Nonny, it's OK.  She will live!

Harper and Amanda's little AnnaBeth looking in the store window!

After a fun-filled "circus" lunch, we made a final picture before they left for home!
We had such fun!


I did want to show you that I found some sweet little coats for next year for the girls....on sale, of course!


I loved the detail on this little white coat for Harper!

And this is for Hollis! It looks reddish but it is dark pink.

I loved the little flower on it!  Looked like Hollis!




It was a beautiful day today.  I made a beautiful picture of the sunset on the way home tonight.  I just never tire of the color God uses to show us His Majesty and Beauty!

Psalm 66:1-3 Shout joyfully to God, all you on earth; Sing the glory of His name; Make His praise glorious. Say to God, "How awesome are Your works!"




I wish you could see the picture but I made it on my IPhone and I have not figured out how to get that from my phone to my blog......I did Twitter it though!

I need some tech lessons!  Anybody else????









27 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

the way i get photos from my phone to blog is either: post them to instagram and also choose to have it post to my flickr account or email it to myself, download it and save it then upload it. seems like there would be a super easy way, right?

The Garners said...

Those coats are so sweet for the girls!

About the phone pictures, I think there's now an easier way (icloud??, but we haven't upgraded iphoto software or something--Lane explained it to me but I guess I wasn't listening very well). I've always just emailed iphone pics to myself then moved them into iphoto from my email.

Kimberley said...

those coats are darling! what a sweet nonny you are :) love hollis' lil' dimple :)

The Veals said...

Email Your pictures from your phone to your email account, save them to your picture file on your computer, then upload them to your blog :) Easy!

Mallory said...

I am so glad the appointment wemt well AND you got to see your girls! I'd love to meet y'all in West Plains or Springfield sometime!!

Tara G. said...

Those coats are darling!! I have no phone wisdom- I have my husband's old Nokia from 2005! ha! Perhaps we'll move up when we return to the States next summer!

Melanie Keffer said...

I always enjoy your posts! Such cheerfulness comes through even when you talk about a serious subject. I laughed and laughed at the title of this one.

I follow Kelly's blog ever since a mutual friend asked for prayer when Harper was born, but I must tell you it is your blog I relate to the most. Probably since my kids are grown/almost grown. They are not quite as old as yours (still in their 20's) but grown. I read Kelly's blog and do a lot of remembering about when I was a mom her age and when my children were the age of hers. Because I had four, I had some young ones around her age.

I LOVE (emphasis on love) the entire grandparent thing! I can hardly wait. I laugh thinking about Kelly and her girls from the parent point of view and comparing that to your point of view as a grandparent . . . Isn't it grand? I can hardly wait!! I know what my mother meant when she told me years ago that being a grandmother was "grand." She said it was the best part of being a parent with none of the responsibilities. :)

I suppose God designed it that way on purpose . . . Such a reward it is for raising our children, don't you think? Doesn't the Bible call grandchildren the crown of old men?

Thanks once again for allowing me to share in your adventures.

Much love to you all-
Melanie Keffer
Olive Branch, MS

Melanie Keffer said...

P. S. Judy, those coats are adorable!

Kimberly said...

Love the coats for next year. Glad your husband had a good doctor visit.

Betsy said...

Oooo! I love those precious coats!! They will look so cute in those! :)

H.i.D. said...

Hi. If I may ask wher the coats came from? Ther darling!!! I have 3 girls :) would like to find some. Thnx for your time. Heidi Isaacs.

His Doorkeeper said...

H.I.D. I got the coats from Dillards on a great sale!

Linda said...

Hi Judy...So glad you got to meet up with Kelly and the girls in Branson.

Those are sure darling little girls coats! Just precious!

Glad hubby's Dr. appt. went well. That is a blessing indeed. (:>)

Cute pictures...Hollis does have such a cute little dimple! What a doll. And Harper's outfit is darling. Ha! The lying on the floor thing just shows her free spirit!

Love you,
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Candis Berge said...

Just wanted to stop by and say Happy New Year to a blogger friend! (and Yes, the coats are too cute... I love them!)

Thanking God for all His blessings, most especially the redemption He freely offers!

Pastor Steve said...

If we upgrade your Macbook to OSX Lion and your phone to the IOS 5 all of the pictures on your phone will appear on your computer through Photo Stream. I guess that I need to do that for you.

Meg said...

Oh my I would have passed out from the "floor" angel too! Cute coats!

Kelley said...

I bet Branson was busy yesterday! We love to go there. Usually it is in the summer when it is way too hot and lots of people there. Ha! The pictures of your grands are so darling. Love the buys that you found for them.

His Doorkeeper said...

Excuse me, Pastor Steve, could you say that again in English??

H.i.D. said...

Hi & thnx so much for getting back with me!!!! I went to Dillard's & got it! Thnx!!!!

Her Preppiness said...

Merry belated Xmas

Maryellen said...

Oh my goodness I love both those coats. They are just darling. Will be so hard to wait for the girls to wear them. hah

You have to love that Harper and her snow angel ! Never a dull moment ;)

Kelley said...

Hi Judy! Santa got the sand and water table on Amazon. Also the umbrella came with it. I love that it adjusts (the umbrella). Mary-Kate will be 6 in March and she still loves things like that. I got Mady's little dress back in the summer from Ragsland for $20. It was such a deal.

Erin said...

Love the pic of Harper doing snow angels on the floor LOL. The coats are absolutely beautiful! Glad to hear that your husband did well at the doctor.

Happy and blessed New Year to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I just love those little coats. Believe me, I'm the last one to ask for tech advice. I don't know how to get ANY photos on my computer and can barely use my digital camera. I hope you don't think I'm being irreverent, but couldn't resist this one:

Dear God,
My prayer for 2012 is for a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did last year.
AMEN!

Tanya said...

Hi dear friend Judy,
I was so excited when I read you hit Branson! We love it and go A LOT! We are about 3 1/2 to 4 hours but it's no big deal since we love it so much! HA!
Where is it you live? How far are you?
Did you hit old downtown and Branson Landing?
What an awesome day to get to see your darling little girls! Adorable coats!
I'm getting really excited to be a Grandma in about 6 weeks. Any advice?
That Kelly is just adorable and so sweet. I love to visit her blog! Her heart is so precious! What a good Momma she is!
Talk to you soon
Hugs
Tanya

Nancy said...

Praying for your hubby!!

Joannah said...

I'm so glad I clicked on your name to see your blog. Now I know that your the grandma of those two darling girls! I so enjoy watching them grow up on Kelly's blog. Those jackets are too cute. The girls will look so pretty in them.

:)