Monday, March 19, 2012

Party Time

Most of you have already read Kelly's blog and seen all the pictures of Hollis' first birthday party.

But because I use my blog as sort of a journal of things in my life, I also wanted to post a few pictures
that I made at the party too.

Forgive any repeats!

Does Hollis look excited because it's her birthday or does she love for Papa to walk her around?


She was curious but I bet next year she can tear into those gifts all by herself!


My sister, Aunt Linda, came along with us for the party!

She gave both the girls the sweetest lockets for them to wear for dress-up occasions!

Laurie and Steve...aren't they a handsome couple?


Emily, Harper and Sarah Kate have a lot of fun together!  They are so sweet to each other!

H and H were royally spoiled by their grandparents!!  That's our job! And the four of us love it!
Harper had a little trouble with thinking she was having another birthday!  Hard concept when there is cake and presents and you are three!  But she got over it!

Hollis wasn't sure of what she was suppose to do with a "smash" cake of her very own.  She took tiny pieces of icing off and put them in her mouth.  Very dainty and ladylike.  She finally got it all over her face and in her hair but she had not had anything like that before!



The party's over!

Kelly did a marvelous job with all the food and the decorations!  Now, the birthdays will seem to come quicker and quicker each year!

But there's nothing like the FIRST!!




11 comments:

Nancy said...

Hollis is a Beautiful Girl!!!
I love reading your precious posts about your Grandbabies!

The Garners said...

Such a sweet party for a sweet baby girl! The cake was really cute, and I love the necklaces for the girls--I'm sure they'll treasure those!

Kimberly said...

Happy birthday to Hollis!

Chelsa said...

Love your pictures of the party :)

Ashley said...

Both of those girls are so sweet! I think we send babies a conflicting message when we give them a smash cake...we tell kids not to play with their food, but we encourage it on their birthdays! I think that's why they always look confused when they get that cake (plus, usually, it's their first time to have cake, right?). *haha* My "best" niece (my best friend's little girl) also daintily picked at hers...until she picked it up and acted like she was going to throw it! I guess she literally wanted to SMASH it! When her baby brother turned one last year, she was all for showing him the ropes, smashing it on his face and such.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Aunt Linda! Those lockets will become keepsakes to treasure. I love the ending photo of Hollis.

Kelley said...

Your pictures are wonderful! What a great time! Both of your grand daughters are just beautiful!

Donna said...

What fun! The last pic of Harper is priceless. Not MY birthday, huh? Love the one of Hollis with her cake. What a grin. The necklaces from Linda will be heirlooms for sure. I had one very similar as a baby. First birthdays are very special. Glad you and Pastor Steve could be there for this one.
Keeping you in my heart in Ga.
Donna

Tara G. said...

So sweet!!

We're waiting and hoping the AF will send us closer to grandparents- it's time to catch up on the spoiling! :)

Sara said...

What a sweet party! I think both girls know they are a tad spoiled by their grandparents!! My mom says that is her reward for raising me...the right to spoil Bryce all the time! Ha!

Jessica White said...

Looks like it was a wonderful day with loved ones! Your granddaughters are absolutely precious!