Saturday, April 7, 2012

O Glorious Day!


Who has believed our message?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?

For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot, 
And like a root out of parched ground;

He has no stately form or majesty
That we should look upon Him,
Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.

He was despised and forsaken of men,
A man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;

And like one from whom men hide their face,
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

Surely our griefs He Himself bore,
And our sorrows He carried;
Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten of God and afflicted.

But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,

And by His scourging we are HEALED!

Isaiah 53:1-5



Tomorrow is the day that means everything to me as a Christian!

The older I get and the more I understand just what Jesus did for me......

....I am so humbled.  For me.  Who am I that God would send His only son to die so that I may live with Him someday?

I am nothing.....He is everything!

Isaiah provided a description of our Lord years before His birth as he stated, "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name, Immanuel."(God with us)

I pray that if you do not have a relationship with God's Son that you may just pray and ask for His guidance in revealing Himself to you.  I do know God is faithful and true. He has proven Himself to me over and over.  What a Savior!!!

John 3:16 is familiar I'm sure but never grows old in the truest meaning of God's love for us!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHO SO EVER believes in Him should not perish but have
eternal life."


Praying for you and your family to have a blessed Easter. Go to a Bible-believing, Bible-preaching church tomorrow and Worship Him! I know we all have a need in our hearts for worship!


8 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

The cross changed everything. Praise the sweet sweet name of Jesus. Happy Easter from the other Nonny!

The Garners said...

Happy Easter!

A.K.W. said...

I am so glad I know Jesus as my Savior! Have a blessed Easter.

Amy

Sandy said...

A Blessed Easter to you! I loved your post today.

Kelley said...

Happy Easter!

Sheila said...

Hi Judy! I had the very best Easter ever! My 10 year old grandson received Jesus into his heart!

Anonymous said...

I know just what you are talking about Mrs. Judy. The older I get the more I understand His love for me. We had a very nice Easter service Sunday. Nothing like having all of your children and their "friends" to fill the pew. Blessed to the core.

Richella Parham said...

I loved the way you proclaim the good news so joyfully here! As an elderly friend of mine used to say, "Thank God for Jesus!"

I hope you had a wonderful Easter. God bless you!